Bless this mess, new comedy on ABC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjeff

Did anyone else watch ABCs latest comedy, the other night? IMO it was a one and done(a real mess!) but one thing caught my attention and was wondering if anyone else caught it. A NYC couple inherit a farm in the middle of NE, they decide to uproot themselves and drive pulling a medium to small sized U-Haul trailer with all their belongings. And this is the ridiculous part, they drive what looks like a 2nd gen(13-16?) baby blue.......Leaf :roll: First of all trailering with a Leaf isn't really officially supported, for sure one the size they were pulling and can you imagine the range you'd get pulling said trailer :shock: They'd have to stop every 30-40 miles to recharge!
I don't know if the producers did this to see how stupid, people might be about the Leaf's range or if they just liked how the Leaf looked and thought it would be funny but like the rest of the show, I wasn't impressed :roll:
People are comparing it to Green Acres but no one is comparing it quality wise!

I didn't see it.
I have done a lot of trailer pulling with my leaf.
Even my little 4x8 flat bed trailer pulled empty has a pretty noticeable effect on range.

Oilpan4 said:
I didn't see it.
I have done a lot of trailer pulling with my leaf.
Even my little 4x8 flat bed trailer pulled empty has a pretty noticeable effect on range.
While if I had a trailer hitch on my Leaf and I felt it was sturdy enough to withstand the tongue weight(100-150lbs) I might also pull a trailer like the one on Bless This Mess, but for a trip down to my local home improvement store, not from NY to NE :eek:
Heck mine was one of only a few Geo Metro's I ever saw with a trailer hitch and I towed plenty with it, with it's 1L 68hp 3cyl motor :lol: Now my trailer had a very long tongue(it was a converted boat trailer) so tongue weight was rarely an issue and I took it easy, oh and it was a 5 speed stick which helped.
Oh and I really doubt Nissan would have paid to put the Leaf in the program for one they would have used the most recent gen and another they'd probably not show it towing, again something the manual probably(well I know it does for the older Leafs) not advise doing :)

Just saw an episode of this. It is an 11 or 12 as it has turn indicators in front fender.

There is a trailer (the movie/TV show kind) for it that shows the Leaf in question:

https://youtu.be/kpbMNcpQm2E

And yes I agree it’s a 2011 or 2012 model due to the turn signal repeater in the front fenders.

As far as WHY? My guess is they want to emphasize the city folk aspect of the main characters, and nowadays nothing screams “city folk” more than a sub-100 mile range EV. Well-known EV advocate Ed Begley Jr. is also in it, perhaps he suggested the Leaf.

Back