WetEV
Posts: 3993
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:10 pm

Oilpan4 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:28 pm
Tens of thousands of >44 age healthy people die in car crashes every year and no one has ever suggested we stop driving because it will save lives.
If the ICU was filled to capacity, and the number of car crashes kept doubling every couple of weeks, perhaps we might limit driving.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/only-16-i ... d-19-surge
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

Oilpan4
Posts: 1724
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:52 pm

That's why we need to protect the most vulnerable people.
Almost all the deaths are happening in the pensioner age group and less than 3% of deaths are happening in the school age to working stiff age groups.
The only reason I have seen given for locking down the less than 44s is ifs and mights.

So a state with no mask mandate and only 200 ICU beds for the entire state is filling up with trumpvirus victims. Are you surprised by this? What's your point?
I smell what you're cooking and I agree, dumb move on their part. No argument here.

I'm trying real hard to not give people things they can pretend to be offended about.
I'm sure trumpvirus offends trump supporters but we don't like them anyways.
I'm going to vote early for biden if I vote, so I can go home and be really drunk because I think trump will have over 300 electoral votes by the time polls close here in new mexico.
"THE ABOVE POST CONTAINS MISLEADING AND INACCURATE INFORMATION. PLEASE CONSIDER IT OPINION, NOT FACT". -someone who I offended and is unable to produce the facts in question.

downeykp
Forum Supporter
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:11 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1931
Location: Keaau, HI

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:57 pm

If you look at people (in pictures) who are early voting, (in record numbers) the overwhelming number of them are wearing masks. These people would not be trump voters, ie masks. 2018 was a preview to what the poll numbers are now. Overwhelming in favor of another blue wave.
The only chance the liar in chief has is to suppress the vote and try and get the outcome into the Supreme Court. If the numbers are too high against him then he is screwed. Which would be fine with the population of this country who will vote to send him packing.
The US and the rest of the world are definitely ready for a regime change. 4 more years of this clown show is not good for anyone.
2011 Black Leaf SL+QC Vin. 1931
Res. 6-14-10 Order 1-25-11
EVSE: Mod'd Ver. 2 Nissan L1
Delivered 5-31-11

9 years 37000mi. 6 bars

39 Suniva panels 10.3kw with Enphase micro inverters my electricity cost $26 a month.

Oilpan4
Posts: 1724
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:39 pm

downeykp wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:57 pm
If you look at people (in pictures) who are early voting, (in record numbers) the overwhelming number of them are wearing masks. These people would not be trump voters, ie masks. 2018 was a preview to what the poll numbers are now. Overwhelming in favor of another blue wave.
The only chance the liar in chief has is to suppress the vote and try and get the outcome into the Supreme Court. If the numbers are too high against him then he is screwed. Which would be fine with the population of this country who will vote to send him packing.
The US and the rest of the world are definitely ready for a regime change. 4 more years of this clown show is not good for anyone.
That's about as intelligent as saying trump supporters don't shop at walmart, target, Costco, ect because everyone inside is wearing a mask...
I thought segregating people into groups and stereotyping them was something conservatives did.
"THE ABOVE POST CONTAINS MISLEADING AND INACCURATE INFORMATION. PLEASE CONSIDER IT OPINION, NOT FACT". -someone who I offended and is unable to produce the facts in question.

downeykp
Forum Supporter
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:11 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1931
Location: Keaau, HI

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:09 pm

You are quite the a hole aren't you. I am hoping you are smart enough to vote, but saying you might or might vote really makes everyone believe you really are a troll. If you don't vote then shut the fu.
Last edited by downeykp on Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 Black Leaf SL+QC Vin. 1931
Res. 6-14-10 Order 1-25-11
EVSE: Mod'd Ver. 2 Nissan L1
Delivered 5-31-11

9 years 37000mi. 6 bars

39 Suniva panels 10.3kw with Enphase micro inverters my electricity cost $26 a month.

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5773
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:15 pm

downeykp wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:57 pm
If you look at people (in pictures) who are early voting, (in record numbers) the overwhelming number of them are wearing masks. These people would not be trump voters, ie masks. 2018 was a preview to what the poll numbers are now. Overwhelming in favor of another blue wave.
The only chance the liar in chief has is to suppress the vote and try and get the outcome into the Supreme Court. If the numbers are too high against him then he is screwed. Which would be fine with the population of this country who will vote to send him packing.
The US and the rest of the world are definitely ready for a regime change. 4 more years of this clown show is not good for anyone.
I think the gravest danger is they conjur up some stink about voter fraud, which gives cover to a few key states who assign electors, which then goes to SCOTUS and the "originalists" are like, "well it doesn't say you can't..."
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

downeykp
Forum Supporter
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:11 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1931
Location: Keaau, HI

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:22 pm

Nubo wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:15 pm
downeykp wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:57 pm
If you look at people (in pictures) who are early voting, (in record numbers) the overwhelming number of them are wearing masks. These people would not be trump voters, ie masks. 2018 was a preview to what the poll numbers are now. Overwhelming in favor of another blue wave.
The only chance the liar in chief has is to suppress the vote and try and get the outcome into the Supreme Court. If the numbers are too high against him then he is screwed. Which would be fine with the population of this country who will vote to send him packing.
The US and the rest of the world are definitely ready for a regime change. 4 more years of this clown show is not good for anyone.
I think the gravest danger is they conjur up some stink about voter fraud, which gives cover to a few key states who assign electors, which then goes to SCOTUS and the "originalists" are like, "well it doesn't say you can't..."
I think at this point it is pretty obvious that the only way they can win is with voter suppression, intimidation and the courts. That is the only way they know how to win.
The whiner in chief has done absolutely nothing to try and work with anyone but himself. He has no vision except whats good for him. The country be damned.
2011 Black Leaf SL+QC Vin. 1931
Res. 6-14-10 Order 1-25-11
EVSE: Mod'd Ver. 2 Nissan L1
Delivered 5-31-11

9 years 37000mi. 6 bars

39 Suniva panels 10.3kw with Enphase micro inverters my electricity cost $26 a month.

Oilpan4
Posts: 1724
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:09 am

So that's how they won in 2016?
Seems a little odd that they pulled that off so cleany after nearly 8 years of obama.
"THE ABOVE POST CONTAINS MISLEADING AND INACCURATE INFORMATION. PLEASE CONSIDER IT OPINION, NOT FACT". -someone who I offended and is unable to produce the facts in question.

WetEV
Posts: 3993
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:53 am

Oilpan4 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:52 pm
That's why we need to protect the most vulnerable people.
If age 45 and older is vulnerable, that is about 39% of the population.

Exactly how do you protect these people?
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

gncndad
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:02 pm
Delivery Date: 23 Feb 2016
Location: Ft. Worth, TX

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:16 am

Trump admin has spoken: Herd immunity, which was their unspoken policy all along. As the laughing-stock of the world, we will continue what we've been doing: POTUS encouraged super-spreading events, half-hearted, unenforced attempts at social distancing, minimal mask usage.

From CNN Travel, October 14, 2020: "With US coronavirus cases around the 7.9 million mark, many nations continue to view America with trepidation. The European Union has omitted the United States from its list of countries whose tourists may visit. Americans still can't vacation in their neighbor to the north, Canada, nor head to many Asian favorites such as Japan."

As covid19 cases in the US continue to grow, travel restrictions will grow as well.

It appears we've learned nothing about herd immunity from our experiences with polio, tuberculosis, scarlet fever, measles, etc. etc. We've known for almost 100 years that viruses are airborne, but we've turned mask wearing into a senseless political discussion about choice, about freedom.
2015 LeafS
2018 Toyota Prius Four Touring
2018 Toyota Prius Two
2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited

Return to “Off-Topic”