Oilpan4
Delivery Date: 10 May 2018
Leaf Number: 004270

Re: COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:42 am

No one can seem to give a coherent rational answer as to why anyone who isn't severely immune compromised should continue to be afraid of trumpvirus after they have had it and recovered.
There's hundreds of thousands of people who have reached the same conclusion as I have either by getting the shot or recovering from the virus and it's about to be millions.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:02 am

downeykp wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:57 am
Someone is really good at cherry picking facts.

That is whats wrong with this country. Wear a friggen mask and follow what you are told by professional people. Not the Idiot who leads
the Coronavirus party.
Exactly, and that includes people who assume they are immune because of positive tests or vaccination. While it may be true, going maskless gives license to others to do so as well, claiming "immunity". Take some personal responsibility and wear the mask and follow the guidelines until we get through this hell. If we get our act together that can be just a few months.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:09 pm

If we get our act together that can be just a few months.
It will be 2022 before most of us are relatively safe. 2021 will be the year that we could have beaten the virus.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:49 pm

Oilpan4 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:10 pm
New mexico another deep blue state with lots of shutdowns is number 1.
No surprise there.
I can't speak to the accuracy of this data but I did post one of these URLs before:
https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-cases-since-june

Here's another to look at https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-deaths-since-july. It has cases and deaths since June/July by partisanship.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ doesn't let you limit the starting point but if you sort by COVID deaths per 1 million population, ND and SD are right after NJ, NY and MA so at least ND and SD concur with Dan's death charts by end of December.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Oilpan4

Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:52 pm

Well I'm safe now. I'm not going to wait another year or 2 for everyone else to get up to speed.
If I wanted to lose 2 or 3 years I woud rejoin the air force and go back to Korea. At least least I would have a whole lot of fun doing it.
The way the numbers are looking 2021 will be the year just about everyone gets trumpvirus or their shot of trumpjuice.
"THE ABOVE POST CONTAINS MISLEADING AND INACCURATE INFORMATION. PLEASE CONSIDER IT OPINION, NOT FACT". -someone who I offended and is unable to produce the facts in question.

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:20 am

Immunity might not last all that long.

Manaus, Brazil, was hit hard by COVID this spring. Survey of antibody gave positive at about 75%.

75% might not be high enough for full herd immunity, but any outbreaks should be rather slower and weaker then before. Until immunity declines, of course.

Manaus is getting hit again. Hard. Starting to be as bad as this Spring.

https://g1.globo.com/am/amazonas/notici ... d-19.ghtml

Google Translate gives:
Cold rooms are installed again in a hospital in Manaus to store the bodies of victims of Covid-19
Structures were set up for the first time in April, after the collapse in the state's health and funeral systems.

By Matheus Castro, G1 AM

12/31/2020 12:26 PM Updated 2020-12-31T15: 36: 03.164Z
1 of 2 Manaus Hospital again has a cold room to store the bodies of victims of Covid-19 - Photo: Matheus Castro / G1 AM

Manaus Hospital again has a cold room to store the bodies of victims of Covid-19 - Photo: Matheus Castro / G1 AM

The cold rooms, used to store the bodies of the dead by Covid-19 in hospitals in Manaus, during the first peak of the disease in Amazonas, were re-installed at the Hospital Pronto-Socorro 28 de Agosto this Thursday (31).

The structures were assembled, for the first time, in April, after the collapse in the state's health and funeral systems. As of Wednesday (30), 5,258 deaths have been recorded as a result of the disease across the Amazon.

According to the State Department of Health (SES-AM), while permanent structures for the allocation of bodies are being installed, the Government will preventively place temporary structures to support hospitals in the packaging of bodies of patients who die victims of the disease.

The secretariat also confirmed that other cold chambers are expected to be installed in the João Lúcio and Platão Araújo hospitals in the coming days.

In a note, SES reported that at Hospital 28 de Agosto, where the morgue already has a mortuary chamber, shelves will be installed to increase the capacity for receiving bodies. In the other two hospitals, which do not have a chamber, the engineering team is studying the best way to implement the permanent structure.

Opening of new graves

The rise of Covid-19 cases in Manaus also made the city government need to prepare new areas in cemeteries to bury the dead victims of the disease.

At the Tarumã Cemetery, there are only 80 more places left to receive deaths from the new coronavirus - it was there that mass burials took place in ditches during the peak of the disease, in April and May.

On Wednesday (30), city officials had to prepare another area in the Cemetery of Tarumã to receive dead by Covid. In this area, another 1,026 will be made available.
2 of 2 Hospital Pronto-Socorro 28 de Agosto again has a camera to store the bodies of victims of Covid-19 - Photo: Matheus Castro / G1 AM
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:45 am

Silly me. Seems that NPR broke this scoop weeks ago.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... ut-its-not

With what I know right now, when I get the vaccine, I'm putting a note in my calendar for 6 months later.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:42 pm

At Least One Person Is Hospitalized With COVID-19 After Attending That Republican Christmas Party With A Conga Line
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/am ... tmas-covid

Sigh...
The local newspaper spoke to James Trent, chair of the Queens Village Republican Club, from his hospital bed in Long Island on Wednesday, where he is suffering from COVID-19 complications.

“I wasn’t on the conga line. I ate by myself,” he told the Daily Eagle. “I don’t know how I got this."

Trent said he believed he "wasn't doing anything risky,
" despite public health guidelines discouraging people from meeting in groups indoors, particularly unmasked.

"It was a wonderful time and a great party, but I’m not happy I got sick," Trent told the Eagle.

Trent developed symptoms two days after attending the party (it's unclear if he caught the virus at the party or already had it and was contagious to other guests at the time).

Over 40 people can be seen at the Dec. 9 party in the video, over a dozen of whom are getting down on the dance floor. Vickie Paladino, who is running for a spot in New York's city council, leads the conga line behind a man carrying a Trump 2020 flag. Only one person is wearing a mask.

Paladino said he had not spoken to Trent, but that he was glad he was recovering and had no regrets about attending the party and did not believe it put anyone's health at risk.
:roll:

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1 ... 10499?s=20 from the Buzzfeed story has a video of the conga line. Talk about complete idiocy.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Oilpan4

Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:34 pm

WetEV wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:20 am
Immunity might not last all that long.

Manaus, Brazil, was hit hard by COVID this spring. Survey of antibody gave positive at about 75%.

75% might not be high enough for full herd immunity, but any outbreaks should be rather slower and weaker then before. Until immunity declines, of course.

Manaus is getting hit again. Hard. Starting to be as bad as this Spring.

https://g1.globo.com/am/amazonas/notici ... d-19.ghtml

Google Translate gives:
Cold rooms are installed again in a hospital in Manaus to store the bodies of victims of Covid-19
Structures were set up for the first time in April, after the collapse in the state's health and funeral systems.

By Matheus Castro, G1 AM

12/31/2020 12:26 PM Updated 2020-12-31T15: 36: 03.164Z
1 of 2 Manaus Hospital again has a cold room to store the bodies of victims of Covid-19 - Photo: Matheus Castro / G1 AM

Manaus Hospital again has a cold room to store the bodies of victims of Covid-19 - Photo: Matheus Castro / G1 AM

The cold rooms, used to store the bodies of the dead by Covid-19 in hospitals in Manaus, during the first peak of the disease in Amazonas, were re-installed at the Hospital Pronto-Socorro 28 de Agosto this Thursday (31).

The structures were assembled, for the first time, in April, after the collapse in the state's health and funeral systems. As of Wednesday (30), 5,258 deaths have been recorded as a result of the disease across the Amazon.

According to the State Department of Health (SES-AM), while permanent structures for the allocation of bodies are being installed, the Government will preventively place temporary structures to support hospitals in the packaging of bodies of patients who die victims of the disease.

The secretariat also confirmed that other cold chambers are expected to be installed in the João Lúcio and Platão Araújo hospitals in the coming days.

In a note, SES reported that at Hospital 28 de Agosto, where the morgue already has a mortuary chamber, shelves will be installed to increase the capacity for receiving bodies. In the other two hospitals, which do not have a chamber, the engineering team is studying the best way to implement the permanent structure.

Opening of new graves

The rise of Covid-19 cases in Manaus also made the city government need to prepare new areas in cemeteries to bury the dead victims of the disease.

At the Tarumã Cemetery, there are only 80 more places left to receive deaths from the new coronavirus - it was there that mass burials took place in ditches during the peak of the disease, in April and May.

On Wednesday (30), city officials had to prepare another area in the Cemetery of Tarumã to receive dead by Covid. In this area, another 1,026 will be made available.
2 of 2 Hospital Pronto-Socorro 28 de Agosto again has a camera to store the bodies of victims of Covid-19 - Photo: Matheus Castro / G1 AM
Might? Lol, everyone continue to be afraid and listen to the anti science media. You know because people with English degrees should be educating you on the virus.
"THE ABOVE POST CONTAINS MISLEADING AND INACCURATE INFORMATION. PLEASE CONSIDER IT OPINION, NOT FACT". -someone who I offended and is unable to produce the facts in question.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:15 pm

Stop trolling, Oilpan. Now.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Off-Topic”