LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Re: retail death watch

Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:49 am

Dang. I have a history with Chuck E: back in the day I was a video game wizard - the kind with trophies, not the kind who wears a cape (those tend to prefer pinball). I used to spend a fair amount of time at our localish one, playing cheap video games. One of the large resident rodents took a real shine to me. She (I hope) used to watch me raptly while I played, and would often try to communicate something to me with gestures that I never quite understood. I never saw her(?) in human form, and I don't think she ever spoke an actual word to me, or if she did it was muffled by the rat head. Kind of sad, really. That, and the bankruptcy, of course...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: retail death watch

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:08 am

Chuck E Cheese Pizza Time Theatre does have some Bay Area roots. It was founded by Nolan Bushnell, who also co-founded Atari: https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/ ... ankruptcy/.

Sadly (?), I've never set foot in the location that's now closed. I'd been to their large location elsewhere in the city a few times when I was little. Maybe I should drop by, if they're open during COVID-19 to refresh my memory...

I wonder how many more will close or if it'll eventually be all of them by a year from now?

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Off-Topic”