Page 21 of 21

Re: ABG: U.S. carbon emissions spike in 2018 after years of falling

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:24 pm
by lorenfb
Understanding and accepting AGW should be obvious to all, since researching AGW is just another "simple" modeling of a stochastic process,
e.g. the stock market, right?

As an example; Global Warming as a Manifestation of a Random Walk

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/10.117 ... 2.0.CO%3B2

Most politicians and surely those on MNL will understand;
We hypothesize that the global and hemispheric temperature series are the result of a Markov process. The climate system is subjected to various forms of random impulses.
For those with inquisitive minds, do a search of; global warming as a stochastic process

Re: ABG: U.S. carbon emissions spike in 2018 after years of falling

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:58 am
by Oilpan4
lorenfb wrote: For those with inquisitive minds, do a search of; global warming as a stochastic process
Looking at climate change as a stochastic process makes a lot of sense. It would eliminate and explain all the failed "we're all going to die" dooms day global warming prophecies to my satisfaction.
lorenfb wrote: As an example; Global Warming as a Manifestation of a Random Walk

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/10.117 ... 2.0.CO%3B2
I just realized there is not a pop corn eating emoji.

Re: ABG: U.S. carbon emissions spike in 2018 after years of falling

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:36 am
by WetEV
Oilpan4 wrote:Looking at climate change as a stochastic process makes a lot of sense. It would eliminate and explain all the failed "we're all going to die" dooms day global warming prophecies to my satisfaction.
We are all going to die, that is a fact of life.

Global warming will only slightly hasten this for people alive today in rich countries. So maybe you can sleep well at night. After all, poor people don't matter.

And don't listen to the curses of your great great grandchildren, or you will be up all night.

Re: ABG: U.S. carbon emissions spike in 2018 after years of falling

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 am
by SageBrush
Oilpan4 wrote:
lorenfb wrote: For those with inquisitive minds, do a search of; global warming as a stochastic process
Looking at climate change as a stochastic process makes a lot of sense.
Just for giggles, explain what you think lorenfb means.

Re: ABG: U.S. carbon emissions spike in 2018 after years of falling

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:17 pm
by iPlug
“Cute”

No substance is a juvenile level of knowledge and discourse.

Re: ABG: U.S. carbon emissions spike in 2018 after years of falling

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:13 pm
by Oilpan4
WetEV wrote:
Oilpan4 wrote:Looking at climate change as a stochastic process makes a lot of sense. It would eliminate and explain all the failed "we're all going to die" dooms day global warming prophecies to my satisfaction.
We are all going to die, that is a fact of life.

Global warming will only slightly hasten this for people alive today in rich countries. So maybe you can sleep well at night. After all, poor people don't matter.

And don't listen to the curses of your great great grandchildren, or you will be up all night.
It's the global warming beliver minority that wants to make vehicle fuel, home heating fuel and electricity almost unaffordable.
That would hurt poor people the most.
I'm saying we need cheap electricity made from burning little to no fossil fuel that will discourage use of fossil fuels in transportation and home heating.

As newsweek proved, everyone believes in man made climate change but no one wants to pay for it.

Re: ABG: U.S. carbon emissions spike in 2018 after years of falling

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 pm
by WetEV
Oilpan4 wrote:It's the global warming beliver minority that wants to make vehicle fuel, home heating fuel and electricity almost unaffordable.
That would hurt poor people the most.
Education is expensive, until you try ignorance.

Re: ABG: U.S. carbon emissions spike in 2018 after years of falling

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:14 am
by lorenfb
Oilpan4 wrote:
Looking at climate change as a stochastic process makes a lot of sense. It would eliminate and explain all the failed "we're all going to die" dooms day global warming prophecies to my satisfaction..
Yes, there will always be those that seek to find some form of a correlation in white noise data to support a belief (a priori)!
But one has the option of doing a FT (Fourier Transform) of the temporal global temperature data, right? Surely a causal relationship
can be determined from a stochastic process, i.e. the hypothesized AGW and its time domain data - similar to white noise, using FT;

http://joannenova.com.au/2013/05/fourie ... s-cooling/

Oilpan4 wrote:I just realized there is not a pop corn eating emoji.
My oversight!

Re: ABG: U.S. carbon emissions spike in 2018 after years of falling

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:43 pm
by iPlug
Who would have thought the current administration would suddenly and so particularly become so interested in environmental reviews?

The Trump administration cast the fate of the nation’s first major offshore wind farm into doubt by extending an environmental review for the $2.8 billion Vineyard Wind project off Massachusetts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -wind-farm

Image

Re: ABG: U.S. carbon emissions spike in 2018 after years of falling

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:51 pm
by Oilpan4
This administration isn't pandering to the nimby crybabies as much.
Till now all but 2 of the east coast wind projects had been blocked or shelved.
The 2 that made it were one made of 30Mw worth of turbines and the other one in Virginia was made up of 2 wind turbines if you can even count those as wind projects, they are effectively doing nothing besides showing people the world isn't going to end just because a few wind turbines go up.
This is the furthest any of the big east coast wind projects have been able to get.