0-60MPH - LEAF v. Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been many versions of the Interceptor over the years with many different engine options so it is hard to do an apples to apples, but the documented 0-60 of the most common recent model (before they were retired last year) was 8.75. So that it would make it a little over a second faster than a Leaf...

All versions from 2004 to 2011 have just 250HP and go from 0 to 60 in ~8.2 to ~8.8 seconds, depending mostly on rear end configuration (mine has a 3.55 rear which is supposed to be the quickest). It's just fun to compare the LEAF to something that most people associate with being quick and powerful (not really), only to see the LEAF really isn't that far behind.

I still think with an unloaded trunk and no wind, the LEAF can beat the CVPI until it shifts to second. I'll have to wait for spring to test it again since I have big heavy snow tires and steel wheels on the LEAF now.

Last week for the first time ever I lost a stoplight takeoff to another vehicle. It was some giant pickup truck. Figured I'd squirt past it. I did pull about a foot ahead briefly and then it took off like a rocket. Astonishing acceleration for a vehicle that size. I fell in behind as we got on a freeway ramp, and then I saw why. The thing was heavily modified for speed and throttle-off produced a black smoke trail worth of a Reaver ship

Reavers05.jpg

The driver seemed quite satisfied that his smokemobile had bested the electric car. What could I do? I smiled and waved.

Clearly it was a diesel and diesels have massive torque right off of idle, so no surprise...

Nubo said:
Last week for the first time ever I lost a stoplight takeoff to another vehicle. It was some giant pickup truck. Figured I'd squirt past it. I did pull about a foot ahead briefly and then it took off like a rocket. Astonishing acceleration for a vehicle that size. I fell in behind as we got on a freeway ramp, and then I saw why. The thing was heavily modified for speed and throttle-off produced a black smoke trail worth of a Reaver ship.

Back