50 years apart

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bateman

Our family has three vehicles of very different pedigrees:

2013 Nissan Leaf
2006 Acura TSX
1963 Ford Fairlane 500

Got the EVSE installed today. I thought these two pictures really showed off 50 years of progress. On a side note, my wife took the Acura out today while the EVSE was being installed and came back to tell me how 'primitive' and 'clunky' the gas engine suddenly felt! :lol:

Bateman said:
On a side note, my wife took the Acura out today while the EVSE was being installed and came back to tell me how 'primitive' and 'clunky' the gas engine suddenly felt! :lol:

A common experience. And far from being a side-note. I think that epiphany is going to end up selling a lot of EVs as time goes on as more and more people relate the experience of the time they "went back" to a gasoline car.

Suggest to a 20-something to wear a wristwatch. They get uncomfortable coming into your house if they know you've got a "land line". Pretty soon gasoline cars will be on their list of dowdy technology.

Nubo said:
Bateman said:
On a side note, my wife took the Acura out today while the EVSE was being installed and came back to tell me how 'primitive' and 'clunky' the gas engine suddenly felt! :lol:

A common experience. And far from being a side-note. I think that epiphany is going to end up selling a lot of EVs as time goes on as more and more people relate the experience of the time they "went back" to a gasoline car.

Suggest to a 20-something to wear a wristwatch. They get uncomfortable coming into your house if they know you've got a "land line". Pretty soon gasoline cars will be on their list of dowdy technology.

Yes - with a real-life example. I have two kids with learner's permits. Both have done 98% or so of their driving in the LEAFs. They see the ICE cars as dirty, noisey and with less responsive engines.

I really like that comparison! Classic and techno-mod! Wasn't it great how the gas cap used to be hidden behind the license plate? Placing the charge port up front on the LEAF is a good way to blend into the body. Nice contrast.

Back