Post your "why I deserve a Nissan LEAF" Contest video here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruinLEAFer

The “why I deserve a Nissan LEAF” Contest is another Nissan's attempt at viral marketing. Participants of the drive electric tour can make a 30 second video and share this with friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. A valid email address is required to vote and voting must be confirmed after receiving an email containing a link which you must click a link to verify your vote.

I will updating this post with new links daily, so share your link if you make a video (forum members only, please). New videos are available the Monday evening after each drive electric tour event.

Link/Member:

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=45SMEQPMMAZA by dlich18
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=X64RSVVVM2C9 by TEG
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=MAJK6AF2CPSW by onlyjaymoo
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=HM3R46FDT8R5 by jcodeglia
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=QECMHAPK2QQX by Yami1975
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=TU44S6BGM9NV by VoteForMe
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=PQW97QK7EHHS by HPEV
https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=X5J85YZQJMKV by tgrich

Here's ours from the Portland event. My kids are unusually verbose for their age (5 and 2) and they picked up on a lot of what we were saying during the test drive. I guarantee this will probably be the first and only time you'll ever hear a two-year-old say "acceleration." :shock:

Thanks in advance for your votes. We could use all the help we can get!

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=qecmhapk2qqx

Yami1975 said:
Here's ours from the Portland event. My kids are unusually verbose for their age (5 and 2) and they picked up on a lot of what we were saying during the test drive. I guarantee this will probably be the first and only time you'll ever hear a two-year-old say "acceleration." :shock:

Thanks in advance for your votes. We could use all the help we can get!

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=qecmhapk2qqx

That was pretty cute! Thanks for sharing it with us. I have to tell ya that I'm waiting to see all the videos before I vote. :)

LEAFfan said:
I have to tell ya that I'm waiting to see all the videos before I vote. :)
You may vote for all the videos you like as you view them. Voting for each video is only open for 30 days after each drive electric tour event. Some of the videos in this post are already closed to voting. So please vote. Thanks.

BruinLEAFer said:
LEAFfan said:
I have to tell ya that I'm waiting to see all the videos before I vote. :)
You may vote for all the videos you like as you view them. Voting for each video is only open for 30 days after each drive electric tour event. Some of the videos in this post are already closed to voting. So please vote. Thanks.

Ditto that. I think you're entitled to vote for as many as you like, so don't wait until it's too late. Also don't forget to share any of the ones you think deserve to win on Facebook, Twitter or e-mail. The "viral" part is the whole point of the contest!

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=PQW97QK7EHHS

:lol: Some of the others are cute, but this one is by far the most over-the-top funny video I've yet seen!!! :lol:
You should have seen everybody at the ride & drive staring when this video was made! Ha, ha, ha! The Nissan rep laughed the whole way through and said it was by far the best he'd seen on the tour!

Please help me win a LEAF. I truly have been an advocate for EVs following Nissan since the early sony lithium powered Altra test vehicles and the Hypermini. You'll notice my genuine blue LEAF tour shirt in the video from the earlier tour before you could even order a car when they brought the Versa test mule around. I help run the monthly Seattle Electric Vehicle Association meetings and am very politically active in Washington State. I helped the legislature when they wrote up House Bill 1481 to give EV incentives like no sales tax on EVs in our state and making it easier to get charging stations put in. I also was on the Puget Sound Regional Council Technical Advisory Committee for writing up guidelines for cities planning to install EVSE! Winning this LEAF will allow me to have a long-range practical EV that I can use to show others what is possible and what I hope the future will be like! Thanks for considering my video and if you like it please share it with your friends and tell them to vote!

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=PQW97QK7EHHS

Voting closes Wednesday, 11/24- vote now before it's too late!

After serving 3 deployments to the Middle East, I understand the connection between the need to get off foreign oil and security here at home. View and vote for my video at:

https://drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=X5J85YZQJMKV

And be certain to listen to the last sentence closely :)

Thanks!

Tim

Came across this one on Youtube. Don't know Doug, or where he lives.

I think you will "LEAF" this one, I did. :lol:

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=Q56UVBN3XMYX

BTW, since the background appears to match other videos taken at the OC Auto Show, voting might be closed for this one ....

Hi all,
I participated in this contest by sending to my email address list of 4,000 and also had my video e-blasted to an EV related newsletter that has a subscription of 28,000. Within this newsletter, my video link was the second most opened link. I also distributed flyers with a link (my personal website which would redirect to my video) to more than 500 individuals who are personal friends of mine.

After all this, I found out that somehow I didn't even win my event (that had no people waiting in line when I arrived for the test drive). I don't want to come off as overconfident, but how many others can say they got their video out to 32,500+ people and have an interesting message connecting being a veteran who deployed to the middle east and the need to get off foreign oil?

Because of these results, I'm highly skeptical about this contest and suspect someone with a lot of time on their hands sat at home and made hundreds or thousands of fake emails addresses with which to vote for themselves. According to Nissan's own marketing company when I spoke to them, they have no way to verify if someone did this or not.

Good luck to the rest of you.

tgrich said:
Hi all,
I participated in this contest by sending to my email address list of 4,000 and also had my video e-blasted to an EV related newsletter that has a subscription of 28,000. Within this newsletter, my video link was the second most opened link. I also distributed flyers with a link (my personal website which would redirect to my video) to more than 500 individuals who are personal friends of mine.

After all this, I found out that somehow I didn't even win my event (that had no people waiting in line when I arrived for the test drive). I don't want to come off as overconfident, but how many others can say they got their video out to 32,500+ people and have an interesting message connecting being a veteran who deployed to the middle east and the need to get off foreign oil?

Because of these results, I'm highly skeptical about this contest and suspect someone with a lot of time on their hands sat at home and made hundreds or thousands of fake emails addresses with which to vote for themselves. According to Nissan's own marketing company when I spoke to them, they have no way to verify if someone did this or not.

If they clicked the link and watched your video, how can you be sure they voted for you? .. When i have been watching all these videos i would not vote for yours. Sorry..

The ones i loved the most was that Leaf guy.. Also the family (cute and also fun). dlich18 video was real good too.. :)

And maybe that other video that was a little humoristic "please vote for us, we give you money" ... hehe...

taztaz said:
tgrich said:
Hi all,

If they clicked the link and watched your video, how can you be sure they voted for you? .. When i have been watching all these videos i would not vote for yours. Sorry..

The ones i loved the most was that Leaf guy.. Also the family (cute and also fun). dlich18 video was real good too.. :)

And maybe that other video that was a little humoristic "please vote for us, we give you money" ... hehe...

There is no way to guarantee someone voted, but maybe you didn't read the part about my contacts being friends of mine.... :roll:

tgrich said:
Hi all,
I participated in this contest by sending to my email address list of 4,000 and also had my video e-blasted to an EV related newsletter that has a subscription of 28,000.
All the spamming in the world won't save you if your video sucks.

I get spam all the time -- doesn't mean it changes my vote.

GroundLoop said:
tgrich said:
Hi all,
I participated in this contest by sending to my email address list of 4,000 and also had my video e-blasted to an EV related newsletter that has a subscription of 28,000.

So you're just like the other guy who can't read, I guess. :roll:
For the third time, most of the people I sent to were personal friends of mine. Those who weren't friends that received the email were reading an electric car newsletter they signed up for, so they already have an interest in the subject (therefore, not spam). Friends tend to vote for friends regardless of their opinion of your video. And no, I'm not claiming every one of them voted for me b/c there's not way to verify that. I'm only saying the contest left me a bit suspicious.

tgrich said:
GroundLoop said:
tgrich said:
Hi all,

So you're just like the other guy who can't read, I guess. :roll:
For the third time, most of the people I sent to were personal friends of mine. Those who weren't friends that received the email were reading an electric car newsletter they signed up for, so they already have an interest in the subject (therefore, not spam). Friends tend to vote for friends regardless of their opinion of your video. And no, I'm not claiming every one of them voted for me b/c there's not way to verify that. I'm only saying the contest left me a bit suspicious.

So say you know 250 friends.. Say that all of them voted for you .. The rest 30000 ... Most of them probably did not click the link and most of them that viewed the video did not vote for you.. maybe you got maximum 1000 votes in total? People are lazy...

Here is my disclaimer I was not planning on doing a video because I hate public speaking. So forgive, the um's and the stutter, I a little nervous with everyone watching but the excitement of the event overshadowed the fear of public speaking for the most part. Check out my short video I think you can vote till February 9th. I test drove on Friday, then drove back to Pearland on Saturday with my best friend and her niece, where My best friend test drove then we switched and I test drove again. I thought there would be one of each color car, but there had to be at least 10-15 cars at the event it was so cool to see them driving by one behind the other. Ahhhhhhh!

Video and Photo Listed below ... YEAH!

This is my Dallas video if you like it vote. We planned to do that while driving car - but that was not available, if you vote confirm please

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/

Thank you

tgrich said:
taztaz said:
tgrich said:
Hi all,

<snip>

I'm not sure how you e-blasted your link to the newsletter, but I'm almost wondering if that somehow disqualified you. According to the contest rules, the three acceptable methods of sharing the link were e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. I don't know if they'd actually bother to police the voting, but they'd probably DQ people like the guy who posted a supplemental video on YouTube to get people to vote for him. (Friends of mine also ran into problems with the confirmation e-mail going into their spam folder, so that may have been a factor as well.) I also noticed that you may have been competing with HPEV (a.k.a. Beaker) given the timing of your post. The humor factor in his may have helped his video get further in the long run.

Either way, I don't think it was a problem with the quality of your message. I think it was just the same phenomena we all ran up against in this contest. I seriously debated whether or not to use our 30 seconds to talk earnestly about the kind of future that this car represented for us and our children, but in the end my wife pointed out that 1) most EV fans already knew most of what I planned to say, and 2) it definitely wouldn't go viral among the non-EV crowd because people wouldn't find it interesting enough to forward. In the end I settled for a less detailed message and we let the kids cut up in front of the camera in the hopes that it would be funny/endearing enough to get our more sympathetic friends to forward it. Even if the quality of the message wasn't up to my standards, it seems to have made it further into the non-EV crowd than I could have hoped, which in the end may be more important. :|

Depending on how this contest ends I may end up owing my wife for life because we got notified in December that we won the Portland competition. We just got our bike yesterday. :eek:

Back