Cutaway showing batteries under car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

This picture is a cutaway of the floor of the Nissan Leaf, showing how and where the lithium ion battery pack that makes the car go is stored.

nissan_leaf_battery_a.jpg

Another Cutaway of the Nissan Leaf Chassis showing the stacks of flat batteries under the passenger compartment
nissan-ev-battery-pack-opposing-side.jpg

The flat design of the battery packs makes them easier to stack, store, and distribute under the chassis instead of having a huge block of them all in one location taking up trunk space.

They are simpler than cylindrical style batteries which keeps the cost down and keeps them running cooler which means they'll last longer than a normal electric vehicle battery would.

nissan-ev-flat-laminate-battery-cell-and-module.jpg

I assume this is some sort of waterproof, shockproof, leak proof casing that holds the batteries so that if one of them should leak or vent some sort of toxic fumes it would be contained in here... leaving a special surpricse for the guy that opens the case to replace the batteries in 10 years!

nissan-ev-battery-pack.jpg

Back