Listen to how your LEAF will greet you. This is so cool!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azrich

You can't miss this! This is amazing!

Go to the following link: http://www.nissan-zeroemission.com/EN/LEAF/interview.html

This is an interview with Masato Inoue, who oversees LEAF’s design.

Click on the third “read interview” button at the bottom.
As you read, you can click on the blue boxes to see photos of these features of the LEAF.

Click on the “NEXT” button. Read this section and click on the blue box, “an electronic beep”. Are you ready?

Click on the blue arrow and listen to how your LEAF will greet you each time you turn on its power.

Have I entered a Star Trek movie, or what???? That will surely amuse the kids and friends when you take them for a ride in your LEAF. Ready for warp speed????

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM5TI8YBHE8[/youtube]

Great sound that really says "Let's Go!" :mrgreen:

Ugh, I could do without that. To each his own!

Better than the Windows startup sound, but over time it's going to be just as annoying.

My solar monitor tells me how much carbon dioxide I've 'saved', and what my solar offset is in relation to how many trees I 'planted' etc.....

I want the Leaf to use it's connectivity power to monitor gas prices in my area and every time it starts up, calculate the gas savings I have realized.

i.e. (insert pleasant sounding voice here) "Good morning. You've saved $624 in gas so far!" And this voice could be changable by the user....Darth Vader's voice, Earl Pickens, Bill Clinton, Bill Cosby, whoever you want! Oh, and I want a scale built in to the seat, so the voice could offer other helpful information such as "You've gained 2 pounds this week. Watch it, lard-ass!"

Or something like that.
:lol:

I like the idea of a positive audio cue when the system initializes, but user customization would be a nice feature.

Something like "Ringtone" startup .mp3's for your car...

I've suggested this one before... click on "Sound of Jetsons car" or even "Jetsons Doorbell" :)
http://www.wavplanet.com/wavs.php?cat=2&subcat=263

TomTom is selling an assortment of Star Wars voices for their GPS units. We must find a way to integrate sounds.

Here's a candidate sound for that first accelerator pedal push of the day: Startup

The potential is strong with this one... :lol:

I believe that it would be relatively easy for the Nissan programmers to let us add user-sounds, but equally possible that they could make it very difficult if they were instructed to do so.

I'm wondering if any of the hackers amongst us has figured out a way to put in a custom sound? From my searching it seems this is not supported but when has that ever stopped anyone here? ;)

Jimmydreams said:
i.e. (insert pleasant sounding voice here) "Good morning. You've saved $624 in gas so far!" And this voice could be changable by the user....Darth Vader's voice, Earl Pickens, Bill Clinton, Bill Cosby, whoever you want! Oh, and I want a scale built in to the seat, so the voice could offer other helpful information such as "You've gained 2 pounds this week. Watch it, lard-ass!"

Or something like that.
:lol:
Maybe Gilbert Gottfried?? That would wake you up.

Jimmydreams said:
Darth Vader's voice
A few years ago, Verizon hired James Earl Jones to do some of their voice tracks, so when you dialed a wrong number, Darth Vader would say "Welcome to Verizon!"

I'd like to hear HAL (from 2001: A Space Odyssey)--especially since my first name is David.

"Good morning Dave. Where would you like to go today?"

"I can do that, Dave."

That's all I'll program so you can imagine how surprised I'll be if it ever refuses...

ME: Open the car door, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that. :lol:

Back