Short Video LEAF on Circuit Track

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the car had a pretty bad push through that corner. It didn't help that the driver went in too hot and took an early apex either...

TT

At the limit, the LEAFs handling reminds me of my old 86 Integra with 4 people in it. Loved to have the fronts gappling for traction but then folds up when you lift. For the LEAF, keep your foot in it and the linear torque is really fun and predictable to play with in turns.

Yeah, it's kind of surprising how much it pushes considering the weight distribution. They obviously built in a lot of under-steer on purpose.

I've also noticed that the shock damping seems a little odd. Jiggly on small bumps but a lot of movement and oscillations on the suspension over bigger ones and undulations. It's almost like it is under damped and perhaps lacking in suspension travel.

And then there is the steering feel, or lack thereof, but that has been written about ad nauseum before...

Admittedly, I am comparing it to my 3 series sedan which is one of the best handling production cars in the world, but I do think that Nissan could have built in a little more sport and handling...

TRONZ said:
At the limit, the LEAFs handling reminds me of my old 86 Integra with 4 people in it. Loved to have the fronts gappling for traction but then folds up when you lift. For the LEAF, keep your foot in it and the linear torque is really fun and predictable to play with in turns.

Back