gascant wrote:How many people in the LEAF owners club in Norway? Any sort of organization there?
Electric cars in Norway is nothing new, so there is already a general Electric Vehicle Owner's Club, that many of us are members of. I think the Nissan sellers pay for the first year's membership.
I believe the Nissan Leaf is the 15th most sold car in Norway this year.
We have about the same number of electric cars as in Germany and France, but we're only 5 million citizens, so percentagewise we're way ahead.
Some of the government incentives are:
* No "licence plate tax" (can be up to 180% (!) for gas/diesel cars)
* No sales tax (usually 25%)
* No annual road tax
* Free parking on all public parking places.
* Free passage on all toll roads, and the car free on all ferries.
* Can drive in bus lanes
* Free use of 16A 230V charging stations network (about 500 just in the capital9
* Up to USD 1500.00 support for companies and housing associations to make charging stations
* 50% of all street parking in the centre of Oslo will be reserved for electric cars soon.
We are currently working on the right to demand free massage from parking wardens!