Page 3 of 3

Re: Interlopers

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:47 pm
by Jimmydreams
Gonewild wrote:I had my service entrance update when I got my solar panel installed the 200 amp panel cost about $2,300. I had a 125amp we upped it to 200amp. I hope this will help me get in the EV project. I signed up early on 4/20 and I live in AZ where the EV project company is located. I drive 38 miles one way to work daily. So I have info like I drive allot, its hot, I have a smart phone (iphone), internet and 200amp panel means it is cheap for them to install charger. Those are all the question they asked in the eval so I could have a good shot. I hope.
When they upgraded your service to 200 amp, did they hide all the wires in the walls and put the new panel 'in' your wall, or was everything installed 'on' your wall with conduit, etc? I'm just curious. When my solar went in, my service upgrade from 100 amp to 200 amp cost about the same, but they used conduit everywhere. I'm wondering if I should have said something or if that's standard ops.
:?:

Re: Interlopers

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:58 am
by LTLFTcomposite
Jimmydreams wrote: When they upgraded your service to 200 amp, did they hide all the wires in the walls and put the new panel 'in' your wall, or was everything installed 'on' your wall with conduit, etc? I'm just curious. When my solar went in, my service upgrade from 100 amp to 200 amp cost about the same, but they used conduit everywhere. I'm wondering if I should have said something or if that's standard ops.
:?:
The electricians probably wanted to do the job without having to call in a drywall trade. As Holmes on Homes would say "Come on, guys!"

Re: Interlopers

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:09 am
by evnow
Jimmydreams wrote:When they upgraded your service to 200 amp, did they hide all the wires in the walls and put the new panel 'in' your wall, or was everything installed 'on' your wall with conduit, etc? I'm just curious. When my solar went in, my service upgrade from 100 amp to 200 amp cost about the same, but they used conduit everywhere. I'm wondering if I should have said something or if that's standard ops.
:?:
The AV video about installing the EVSE shows a conduit - I think that is the std procedure.

Re: Interlopers

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:25 am
by Gonewild
Jimmydreams wrote:
Gonewild wrote:I had my service entrance update when I got my solar panel installed the 200 amp panel cost about $2,300. I had a 125amp we upped it to 200amp. I hope this will help me get in the EV project. I signed up early on 4/20 and I live in AZ where the EV project company is located. I drive 38 miles one way to work daily. So I have info like I drive allot, its hot, I have a smart phone (iphone), internet and 200amp panel means it is cheap for them to install charger. Those are all the question they asked in the eval so I could have a good shot. I hope.
When they upgraded your service to 200 amp, did they hide all the wires in the walls and put the new panel 'in' your wall, or was everything installed 'on' your wall with conduit, etc? I'm just curious. When my solar went in, my service upgrade from 100 amp to 200 amp cost about the same, but they used conduit everywhere. I'm wondering if I should have said something or if that's standard ops.
:?:
They had the power company remove the meter then they labeled all the wires. Then removed the box and put the new box in the same place as the old box. Feeding the wires back in the hole in the back of the box. Looks sweet.

Re: Interlopers

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:39 am
by Jimmydreams
Gonewild wrote: They had the power company remove the meter then they labeled all the wires. Then removed the box and put the new box in the same place as the old box. Feeding the wires back in the hole in the back of the box. Looks sweet.
Thanks. I probably should have thought ahead and told them to hide everything. Oh well...now I know better for my next solar project!! :P