davewill

Re: How do I mark all posts as read/view only new posts?

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:12 pm

cwerdna wrote:It was a pain... until I discovered (and hopefully remember) that you can click Reply, you can scroll thru the old messages in the bottom part and click the quote button on the ones you want to quote. It's not very discoverable and I've seen no other software that does it this way.
Damn! that works. Learn something new everyday.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:24 pm

^^^
Yeah... all sorts of stuff to stumble across, like I did.

I tried it a bit more and found it does have limitations. The bottom pane only seems to include semi-recent posts. It doesn't go back that far and definitely not all the way back to the 1st post in a long thread. I didn't find a way of going to earlier pages/posts. But, it's still better than nothing.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

ITestStuff
Delivery Date: 27 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 406200

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Yes, multi quote does work that way (happened to stumble upon that yesterday), but like you mention it's not easily discoverable. And before that, I was also copy/pasting them into notepad :)

Typically, you click on the "quote" button for a number of replies, and then press a "reply" button.

This implementation gets you the same basic results. though it seems to default to sticking the quotes for newer messages at the top of your reply window, instead of at the bottom which would be the more logical way to do it.

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”