User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9651
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Advertising banner?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:49 am

The Boardwalk Nissan banner ad (or other ads of this type)....is that permanent?

Edit: I don't mind it so much now that our regular banner is back and the ad banner has been moved to the right.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 84,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bosch AGM 12v
Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

LEAFfan
Posts: 4828
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855
Location: Phoenix Area

Re: Advertising banner?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:22 am

mwalsh wrote:The Boardwalk Nissan banner ad (or other ads of this type)....is that permanent?

Edit: I don't mind it so much now that our regular banner is back and the ad banner has been moved to the right.
I would like to know how she can claim that when the orders aren't finished yet. I don't like it. :roll:

User avatar
wxxyz
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Re: Advertising banner?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Couple things:

1. Yes, these banners are permanent. These companies are supporting this forum in order to keep it free for you to use.
2. In the near future there will be an option to donate to the site and have an ad-free experience once logged in.
3. DO NOT discuss how to block these supporters ads on this forum. If you have a problem with an ad etc, contact me.

User avatar
sjfotos
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:21 am
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA

Re: Advertising banner?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:06 pm

wxxyz wrote:Couple things:

1. Yes, these banners are permanent. These companies are supporting this forum in order to keep it free for you to use.
2. In the near future there will be an option to donate to the site and have an ad-free experience once logged in.
3. DO NOT discuss how to block these supporters ads on this forum. If you have a problem with an ad etc, contact me.

I have no problem with the ads. Commerce is a "good thing". It also decreases the subsidy of running the site for the owner and/or supplements the donations used to make the site operable.

The 'internets' cannot be free forever........

Signed,
Running Dog Capitalist Pig.
Forum Supporter

Steve in PA
Reserved 4/20/2010, Forgotten in Pennsylvania

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11480
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Advertising banner?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:07 pm

wxxyz wrote:3. DO NOT discuss how to block these supporters ads on this forum. If you have a problem with an ad etc, contact me.
Makes sense. I'm deleting the ad-block posts ....
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

User avatar
LakeLeaf
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:15 pm
Delivery Date: 04 Aug 2018
Location: South Lake Tahoe, California

Re: Advertising banner?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:15 pm

evnow wrote:
wxxyz wrote:3. DO NOT discuss how to block these supporters ads on this forum. If you have a problem with an ad etc, contact me.
Makes sense. I'm deleting the ad-block posts ....
The only reason advertisers are interested in advertising here is because of the amount of traffic on the site.

The amount of traffic on the site is driven by the content on the site

The content on the site is driven largely by a couple of dozen individuals - arguably fewer.

User avatar
wxxyz
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Re: Advertising banner?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks for your cooperation guys.
LakeLeaf wrote: The only reason advertisers are interested in advertising here is because of the amount of traffic on the site.

The amount of traffic on the site is driven by the content on the site

The content on the site is driven largely by a couple of dozen individuals - arguably fewer.
I agree. At the risk of sounding chippy, what's your point?

indyflick
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 am

Re: Advertising banner?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:58 pm

LakeLeaf wrote:The only reason advertisers are interested in advertising here is because of the amount of traffic on the site.

The amount of traffic on the site is driven by the content on the site

The content on the site is driven largely by a couple of dozen individuals - arguably fewer.
To be fair, their are costs associated with operating this forum. To the extent a non dancing, non offensive and site appropriate banner defrays some costs, then great. I seriously doubt a single banner ad turned this site into a profit center.

gudy
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 am
Delivery Date: 20 May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA

Re: Advertising banner?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:21 pm

I just hope the admins are getting the real value they deserve from this ad, this is an extremely targeted ad, and the CPM should be really high.
1st Leaf Order (order made and confirmed on 08/31 10:40am)
Delivered on December 11th 2010
15000 miles so far

User avatar
Jimmydreams
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0175
Location: Oceanside, Ca.
Contact: Website

Re: Advertising banner?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm a little surprised to see the ads after the 'should we take donations or put up ads' poll. I guess the donations tab wasn't working..... :cry:
JimmyD
http://www.jjhamilton.com/solar
Blue SL Leaf delivered 1/7/2011
EVP participant. EVSE: Blink
6.75kW PV solar

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”