DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Re: We should demand a better run forum.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:56 am

wow... anyway. I like this forum. I frequent many and this is the fastest one by far. there are a few that are so pathetically slow, I load a few threads all at once then come back to to them later to read them.

here, i get email notification of posts, by the time I click on the link in the email and delete the email, the page is already loaded (about 5 seconds). Its the only site I visit that loads that quickly. The only one. That reason alone is worth the cost of admission which really is free or $40 (if one chooses) I think in my case... dont really remember since the money really is insignificant.

obtw; Nice title!
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:01 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:wow... anyway. I like this forum. I frequent many and this is the fastest one by far. there are a few that are so pathetically slow, I load a few threads all at once then come back to to them later to read them.
That is true. Pages on this site generally load really fast compared to most other forums I'm on. This is esp. noticeably on my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 which have much slower CPUs than my desktop computer.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

thew
Delivery Date: 14 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 4514

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:32 am

I too support this Forum and its Admins.. Running a Service like this takes time and money. Please help contribute rather than tear it down. !!
2011 Nissan LEAF Silver SL w/ QC port.
Reserved 5/5/11
RAQ 5/6/11 Accepted, Confirmed
5/5/11 AeroVironment Charge Dock ordered "Cash and Carry"
5/10/11 AV EVSE Installed
Delivery 6/15/11
http://www.DepotEco.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wxxyz

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 am

At the risk of starting this up again, the reason the forum goes down for the backup is because it's supposed to. That's to make sure the backup gets a complete database.

If people would rather have the site up and slow for that period of time, I can change it to have the site still accessible during the backup.

To OP: I wasn't too impressed with your assumptions and accusations about who or what or how this forum is being run - part of me thought it would just be easier to ban your email and ip rather than reply to this thread.

To everyone else: Thanks for sticking up for this forum. If there are concerns, let us know and we'll see what we can do to address them.

mkjayakumar
Delivery Date: 08 Mar 2012

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 am

My only rather strong recommendation is, to enable this site to work with a good smart phone like Tapatalk (or anything else out there). I find reading through the Tesla forum to be so easy just for the same reason.
2011 Leaf, 30K miles, returned after 24 month lease.
Currently leasing 2014 Leaf SV.

wxxyz

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:33 am

mkjayakumar wrote:My only rather strong recommendation is, to enable this site to work with a good smart phone like Tapatalk (or anything else out there). I find reading through the Tesla forum to be so easy just for the same reason.
We're working on something... shhh! ;)

DaveEV
Forum Supporter

Thu May 02, 2013 12:40 am

wxxyz wrote:At the risk of starting this up again, the reason the forum goes down for the backup is because it's supposed to. That's to make sure the backup gets a complete database.
It should be possible to get a complete backup without taking the site down. If the site is using MySQL it may take some reconfiguration of MySQL to get that to work properly... Let me know if you need some help / guidance.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu May 02, 2013 12:44 am

wxxyz wrote:At the risk of starting this up again, the reason the forum goes down for the backup is because it's supposed to. That's to make sure the backup gets a complete database.

If people would rather have the site up and slow for that period of time, I can change it to have the site still accessible during the backup.
That would be nice, but it depends on how bad the perf impact is. If you can easily flip it on, people can chime in on whether they'd rather have it be down or slow. If you do this, let us know when the background backup starts and how long it typically takes.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”