wxxyz

Fuelly.com but for electric vehicles

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 pm

I've had a couple people ask me about a system similar to Fuelly.com except for electric vehicles.

Fuelly.com has said a few times they will not offer tracking for electric vehicles.
I know that VoltStats.net works for Volt Owners by accessing the OnStar data straight from GM, and that system may work for the Chevy Spark EV too but I don't know.

Fuelly.com is:
Fuelly is a site that tracks your gas mileage over time, helping you calculate fuel expenses as you drive.

Sign up for free, add a car or motorcycle to your profile, then either keep track of miles driven between fuel-ups (using your vehicle's tripometer) or record your odometer at each fuel-up (you can choose in your settings which way to record mileage).

To share your vehicle on a forum, use a Fuelly badge. A Fuelly forum signature (or badge) is an image that you can use to sign your posts at vehicle discussion forums.
In thinking through this, I've come up with some questions.

1. Is this something you'd be interested in?
2. How do you see the data entry working? Is it simply some specs (like kw/mile) that you update periodically? Is it something that every day you enter the kWs used to charge, and the miles driven?

Thanks for your feedback!
Mike

dm33
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Fuelly.com but for electric vehicles

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:55 pm

I had thought about this and considered creating such a site but haven't started yet.
I'm also still working on a iPhone LEAF app which is harder now with my LEAF totaled, but I'm making good progress on that, able to retrieve all the usual information, just not displaying it very well.

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”