Stoaty
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3871

Off Topic Threads Not Allowed in Off Topic Forum?

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Just curious. Hopefully this post is not so off topic as to be locked like the one below:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16612" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS I searched google to see if off topic threads can be posted in the off topic forum on MNL, but didn't get a definite answer. Only came up with one locked thread that implies that off topic threads aren't allowed, but that didn't really provide a definitive answer. Of course, if this thread is locked too, I guess I will have my answer. ;)
2011 Leaf with 62,000 miles given to Nephew
2013 Tesla Model S85 with 251 miles rated range at full charge
Leaf Spy Manual
Battery Aging Model Spreadsheet

DaveEV

Re: Off Topic Threads Not Allowed in Off Topic Forum?

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:36 pm

I personally don't care, that's what Off-Topic is for! Discuss whatever you like!

EVDRIVER

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:49 pm

Stoaty wrote:Just curious. Hopefully this post is not so off topic as to be locked like the one below:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16612" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS I searched google to see if off topic threads can be posted in the off topic forum on MNL, but didn't get a definite answer. Only came up with one locked thread that implies that off topic threads aren't allowed, but that didn't really provide a definitive answer. Of course, if this thread is locked too, I guess I will have my answer. ;)
Nothing wrong with off-topic discussion, this forum seems to overflow with it but let's try to use common sense and not use the forum to answer questions one can answer on their own with a 2 second google search. This is not Ask.com but it seems to have more questions about random things than they do. Need directions, use Google Maps. Enough said.

DaveEV

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:54 pm

Meh, it's Off-Topic, let people talk about what they want.

If it turns into a discussion about how to use Google, fine.

Is this really where you want to spend your moderating efforts? Closing down threads because you don't like them for whatever reason?

pchilds
Delivery Date: 31 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 006141

Amazon.com

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:17 am

I could have easily made it LEAF related.

I ordered a duplex 6-20 outlet, so I don't have to unplug my air compressor to plug in my LEAF EVSE.
From Amazon the outlet was $2.65 and shipping charge for this 2 oz item was $5.65, from the same company the outlet was $5.65 with free shipping. Does Amazon really get $2.65 for a $5.65 sale? :P
2011 LEAF, gone,
2012 RAV4 EV,
2015 Model S 85D,
Solar PV 5.25 kW system.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:21 am

drees wrote:Meh, it's Off-Topic, let people talk about what they want.

If it turns into a discussion about how to use Google, fine.
I agree, for the most part.

As for Googling... there is http://lmgtfy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. :)

FWIW, I still frequent Tivocommunity.com. Now their Happy Hour - General Chit-Chat (off-topic area that requires a free account to see) has FAR more activity and posts than ALL the TiVo-related forums combined. Some people don't even have TiVos anymore and yet still visit TCF, mainly for the OT area. There are some pretty random threads (e.g. That's Racist!, Help me plan my wedding, I'm sick, JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars episode VII, a colonscopy thread, etc.)

I started the threads there on the Model S, another on EVs/PHEVs and another on non-plugin hybrids. For some reason, the 3rd gets almost no activity. Maybe it's because there are a large % of people who think all hybrids can be plugged in? :? :roll:

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”