kieranmullen
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:26 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Aug 2013
Leaf Number: 020781
Location: Hillsboro, oregon

Topic Subscriptions

Wed May 21, 2014 12:42 pm

A way to create more active involvement in the forum is to notify people by default that someone replies to their topic. Many people would not seek this out or forget to change it in their control panel or when posting to the topic.

Notify me upon replies by default:ON
2012 SL 5-29-14 6,000 Miles 6-16-15 24,562 (all bars)

cwerdna
Posts: 9654
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Topic Subscriptions

Sun May 25, 2014 8:27 pm

Good idea...

I suspect some folks haven't stumbled across some of the popular methods of browsing/keeping up at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

For me, using View active topics and View your posts are absolutely necessities. Drilling down thru areas doesn't cut it, esp. w/the random stickied posts.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

QueenBee
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:14 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062
Location: Bellevue (Seattle), WA

Re: Topic Subscriptions

Sun May 25, 2014 8:59 pm

kieranmullen wrote:A way to create more active involvement in the forum is to notify people by default that someone replies to their topic. Many people would not seek this out or forget to change it in their control panel or when posting to the topic.

Notify me upon replies by default:ON
Thanks, didn't even realize that was a setting. I often forget and then use the subscribe link when I notice that I have unread "view your posts".

kieranmullen
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:26 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Aug 2013
Leaf Number: 020781
Location: Hillsboro, oregon

Re: Topic Subscriptions

Sun May 25, 2014 10:03 pm

That would be fine except many have no interest in being here every day to check what's new.

This place us a resource..a tool if you will. People want to use their tools and then put them away until needed again.
cwerdna wrote:Good idea...

I suspect some folks haven't stumbled across some of the popular methods of browsing/keeping up at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

For me, using View active topics and View your posts are absolutely necessities. Drilling down thru areas doesn't cut it, esp. w/the random stickied posts.
2012 SL 5-29-14 6,000 Miles 6-16-15 24,562 (all bars)

Valdemar
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Oak Park, CA

Re: Topic Subscriptions

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm no longer receiving notifications about new posts in subscribed topics, anyone else? I looked through the Control Panel and couldn't find a relevant settings.
'11 SL, totaled
-1CB@33k/21mo, -2CB@53k/33mo, -3CB@68k/41mo, -4CB(41.5AHr)@79k/49mo, -5CB(38.85AHr)@87.5k/54mo
-0CB(66.14AHr)@87.5k/54mo (BBB), -1CB(53.92Ahr)@140k/29mo,
51.1AHr, SOH 80%, 150k miles

9kW Solar

QueenBee
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:14 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062
Location: Bellevue (Seattle), WA

Re: Topic Subscriptions

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Valdemar wrote:I'm no longer receiving notifications about new posts in subscribed topics, anyone else? I looked through the Control Panel and couldn't find a relevant settings.
Working for me as I got a notification for this post.

Valdemar
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Oak Park, CA

Re: Topic Subscriptions

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:48 am

QueenBee wrote:
Valdemar wrote:I'm no longer receiving notifications about new posts in subscribed topics, anyone else? I looked through the Control Panel and couldn't find a relevant settings.
Working for me as I got a notification for this post.
I certainly didn't get one for yours. This topic is definitely showing as subscribed for me. Is there a setting that I'm overlooking? "Notify me when a reply is posted" is checked when I'm posting this.
'11 SL, totaled
-1CB@33k/21mo, -2CB@53k/33mo, -3CB@68k/41mo, -4CB(41.5AHr)@79k/49mo, -5CB(38.85AHr)@87.5k/54mo
-0CB(66.14AHr)@87.5k/54mo (BBB), -1CB(53.92Ahr)@140k/29mo,
51.1AHr, SOH 80%, 150k miles

9kW Solar

User avatar
davewill
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, US

Re: Topic Subscriptions

Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:09 am

kieranmullen wrote:A way to create more active involvement in the forum is to notify people by default that someone replies to their topic. Many people would not seek this out or forget to change it in their control panel or when posting to the topic.

Notify me upon replies by default:ON
I would be strongly against changing the default. It's enough that people who want that behavior can get it. If I want to subscribe, I will subscribe...which I never do. I find "View Active Topics" and my memory to be sufficient. If I was a newbie and found the forum sending me unwanted email, I'd probably just leave the forum.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

Return to “Website/Forum Discussions”