How to get my Leaf to Carmax

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerlhughes

Hi folks. I have a 2012 Leaf & I'm wanting to take it to Carmax, but my closest one is 100 miles away. Since my car only gets about 60 miles on a charge & there's virtually NO charging stations on the way, is there an easy way to get it there, that Nissan might provide? Like a free towing service? Just asking. Thanks for any help. Roger

Why would Nissan help you take the car to CarMax? Honestly, I think you're either going to have to find some way to charge on the way, or plan to pay to have it transported...or find someone closer than CarMax to sell it to.

why take it to carmax and not sell it locally on craigslist? carmax will give you way less than a local sale would

You might consider renting a car-hauler trailer and truck to pull it. Places like U-Haul usually have smaller vehicles like pickups and vans--you don't need to rent a big box truck as a tow rig.

You could also list it on uShip and see if you get an acceptable bid.

Car max isn't going to give you crap for it.
They only really want 1 to 4 year old cars but they will buy anything if someone is willing to take peanuts for payment.

I tried to sell my wife's 10 year old car on there. Their offer was $500.
I looked up comps, they were reselling that car for $3,000.
So she sold it on a face book yard sale group for $2,300.
These online car flip services can bite my as.

rogerlhughes said:
Hi folks. I have a 2012 Leaf & I'm wanting to take it to Carmax, but my closest one is 100 miles away. Since my car only gets about 60 miles on a charge & there's virtually NO charging stations on the way, is there an easy way to get it there, that Nissan might provide? Like a free towing service? Just asking. Thanks for any help. Roger
You should try selling it through Carvana or Vroom instead. Also try KBB's instant buy to see if there's any dealers in the area that has that program.

One last suggestion: if you can take back roads, and drive literally 25MPH, you could likely make the 100 mile drive - with no cabin heat except on the downhills in Eco mode, and tire pressures at 42-44psi. You could use the seat and steering wheel warmers.

rogerlhughes said:
Hi folks. I have a 2012 Leaf & I'm wanting to take it to Carmax, but my closest one is 100 miles away. Since my car only gets about 60 miles on a charge & there's virtually NO charging stations on the way, is there an easy way to get it there, that Nissan might provide? Like a free towing service? Just asking.
'Virtually' no charging stations? It only takes one.

Back