2016 Leaf with ~50,500 miles and SOH 68.07%

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erswear

I've already lost 3 bars, and it looks like I have a 4th one coming up. How do I fit on the depletion chart, and will I be eligible for a replacement? I think I am, but not 100% sure, and I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before I take it back to Nissan.

Thanks guys!!

The warranty is different between the 24kWh and 30kWh batteries but in either case, you should be covered. If you have a 30kWh battery the dealer will probably want to do a software update before you get a new battery. The software update may increase the SOH so all bets are off until that is done (only applies to 30kWh battery).

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

erswear said:
I've already lost 3 bars, and it looks like I have a 4th one coming up. How do I fit on the depletion chart, and will I be eligible for a replacement? I think I am, but not 100% sure, and I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before I take it back to Nissan.

Thanks guys!!

erswear our 2016 SL with the 30 kWh battery dropped the 4th SOH bar at an SOH of 63.5% it was near 65% when we got it a few months ago. It seems Nissan has dropped the 30 kWh battery and for warranty work they now replace with the 40 kWh like in the new 2020 2nd Gen Leaf.

2016 Leaf S came with the 24 kWa battery I think until 10/16 and 11/16 build dates when the 30 kWh became the only battery used and for the 2017 model year the 30 was the only battery used with all three trims (S, SV, SL)

As was posted the Battery Management Software update must be ran before a warranty claim can be made. You can do this update anytime but if it gives more range then the sooner the better I would think.

The 24 battery coverage is 5 years and or 60K miles.

The 30 is 8 years and or 100K miles.

Best of luck.

Back