Storing Leaf for a Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roseayars

We are planning to take our RV out on the road for a year starting next February. I have tried to sell my 2019 SL Leaf with no luck and am now considering storing it. Is it possible to store for that long without anyone touching it? What will happen? I don't mind having to replace something when we get home - Id rather do that than sell it for half what I paid for it.

Roseayars said:
We are planning to take our RV out on the road for a year starting next February. I have tried to sell my 2019 SL Leaf with no luck and am now considering storing it. Is it possible to store for that long without anyone touching it? What will happen? I don't mind having to replace something when we get home - Id rather do that than sell it for half what I paid for it.
Charge the traction battery to about 45%
Disconnect the 12V battery and connect to a battery maintainer.

Where are you located and what temperature range will the car be parked in? Is it a 40 kWh battery (standard SL) or 62 kWh battery (SL Plus)? If it is parked in cold temperatures, the battery heating system may activate periodically to protect the traction battery. I will offer suggestions after I see your answers.

Bring in to me in sunny warm Texas and I'll drive it for you during mild weather! (Will drive my Leaf in hot weather)

Tow it behind the RV as an auxiliary vehicle? It seems like a perfect car for doing shorter side trips while the RV is set in place.

Back