LOUD BEEP THAT HAPPENS WHEN I GET A TEXT ON MY ANDROID PHONE.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumaconcolor

I am posting again as my first one vanished!

Does anyone here know how to turn off/DISABLE the VERY LOUD ' boop, boop' alert noises on a 2020 SL LEAF? If a text comes on my phone, this happens and is REALLY startling because it is at such high volume. If there is a weather warning, the same thing happens. Yikes! Now I drive with the phone turned off, seems to kind of help the issue. But the weather warning still comes through with the boops and a LOUD woman's voice speaking the text of the warning. If I cover my ears, I will end up of the road or in a ravine!

Nissan was of ZERO help. They sell these vehicles and ask to know a lot about
them. Cluelesss...

Thanks for any ideas !

Puma

You can lower or disable both the voice and beep volume in the car's menus. Start by pressing the Menu button on the center console. There should be settings for both voice and beep sounds. If you have a Leaf S the setup may be different.

I approved both posts because the second one I looked at was more detailed.

Pumaconcolor said:
I am posting again as my first one vanished!

Does anyone here know how to turn off/DISABLE the VERY LOUD ' boop, boop' alert noises on a 2020 SL LEAF?
If it is like my 2020, basically your bluetooth is routing the message notification to the car. I think you can disable that in the bluetooth options within your phone.

Press the menu hard button next to the center display.
Select the gear icon (settings) in the bottom right corner of the display.
Select "phone".
Select "text message".
Turn off "text message ringtone"

Worked on my 2021.

Nice! Worked for me too - phone must be connected via BT or cable tho.
That is one less over engineered sound to bug me - my main sources of irritation with the car.

Back