LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Gen II End of Lease Options?

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:24 pm

My three year lease is coming to an end. I just found out today, speaking with a not-very-great NMAC Rep, that I can request - next month - a 3 month extension until the Ariya's release date. In my case that's August 1st. Has anyone else looked into any end of lease offers, discounts, etc? I'm hoping I can do better than 3 months and no perks.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: Gen II End of Lease Options?

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:32 pm

Unless Ariya belly flops, I doubt it'll be very cheap to lease or buy, out of the gate.

And, if it's affected by the chip shortages and fab problems (e.g. fire at Renesas), supply might be tight too. Off the top of my head, I don't know if the Samsung and NXP fab problems in TX affect automotive.

My wild guess is that Nissan will put more of their energy on this towards Europe and CARB emission states, at first...

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:35 pm

I will consider the Ariya, but that isn't necessarily my goal. If it's delayed then I get my lease extended further. I'm also looking into leasing a cheap Bolt or a Leaf S...
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:41 pm

Used Bolts are real cheap now due to the recall, if you can drive one off the lot (mainly non-GM dealers). Will be interesting to see the prices once the final remedy is out esp. given that some people have gotten good buyback/trade to newer Bolt offers.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

LeftieBiker

Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:00 pm

With my housemate now leasing (and I bet she'll keep) a loaded SV+, whatever I get will just be the second car, and I don't expect to driving more than a few more years, so a cheap lease makes more sense, unless they start selling used Bolts for $10k, anyway...
BAFX OBDII Dongle

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”