Federal Tax Credit on Leases

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apacheguy

Former two time LEAF lease owner here. When I applied for the leases, NMAC passed on the full federal tax incentive to me in the form of a reduced price.

Talked to a friend who is looking into a lease. He was told that NMAC will only pass on $3500 from the federal credit to the customer. Does his match others experience?

apacheguy said:
Former two time LEAF lease owner here. When I applied for the leases, NMAC passed on the full federal tax incentive to me in the form of a reduced price.

Talked to a friend who is looking into a lease. He was told that NMAC will only pass on $3500 from the federal credit to the customer. Does his match others experience?

The 3500 was what I was quoted when I was shopping back in November. The dealer was pushing and for me to lease rather than buy so they could generate the additional $4,000 profit.

I only got about $4k on my SL. It now depends on how desperate Nissan is to move the cars. We got $10,650 in incentives on the 2020 SV+, as well as about $3k more in trade in allowance than I expected on the PIP.

Back