Page 3 of 5

Re: 2018 Leaf buy or lease

Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:54 pm
by DaveinOlyWA
LeftieBiker wrote:I posted all of that in the appropriate thread. 'New Order Details' I think. The tax credit skim isn't regional, though: Nissan's website shows it. You leased an S, IIRC, so you got the credit.
Well thanks to a math error on Nissan's part, I got the credit plus $1775 and that all happened before the negotiation started! :lol:

Re: 2018 Leaf buy or lease

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:33 am
by DaveinOlyWA
LeftieBiker wrote:I posted all of that in the appropriate thread. 'New Order Details' I think. The tax credit skim isn't regional, though: Nissan's website shows it. You leased an S, IIRC, so you got the credit.
When I leased mine, all trims were getting the full credit. I checked the Nissan site and it plainly states that the $7500 fed credit still applies. Interesting that this may not actually apply at the dealership.

Re: 2018 Leaf buy or lease

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 pm
by LeftieBiker
When did you check the Nissan site?

Re: 2018 Leaf buy or lease

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:56 pm
by DaveinOlyWA
LeftieBiker wrote:When did you check the Nissan site?
This morning. Guess we all know why sales dropped last month.

Re: 2018 Leaf buy or lease

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:01 pm
by LeftieBiker
So they stopped passing the Federal tax credit on just long enough to screw me??? How delightful. I also didn't get my "prize," even though Nissan just sent me an email reminding me to pick it up within 5 days - at another dealership.

EDIT: Are you sure that you aren't looking at the details for purchasing an SL, as opposed to leasing one? They can't pocket the credit if you buy one. I'm a bit too tired to wade through that site again. Would anyone like to help me out and check Dave's conclusion?

Re: 2018 Leaf buy or lease

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:05 pm
by DaveinOlyWA
LeftieBiker wrote:So they stopped passing the Federal tax credit on just long enough to screw me??? How delightful. I also didn't get my "prize," even though Nissan just sent me an email reminding me to pick it up within 5 days - at another dealership.
Well now that you mention it, I have not received mine either.... They say allow 4-6 weeks for delivery and it took forever for me to get past the registration screens because I did not take the car I signed up for. Circumstances pretty much forced me to take the first one available that had QC

Re: 2018 Leaf buy or lease

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:58 pm
by LeftieBiker
Lease Offer
$355 Per Month Lease

For 36 Months
Nissan LEAF

SL
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $3,979 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $3,624 consumer down payment, $355 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $2,725 manufacturer's rebate applied to $355/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions. 2018 LEAF SL Lease model 17218 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. $37,085 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $29,416 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $12,780 At lease end, purchase for $16,688, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 05/31/2018.
I see no sign of the $7500 tax credit here.

Re: 2018 Leaf buy or lease

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:47 pm
by DaveinOlyWA
LeftieBiker wrote:Lease Offer
$355 Per Month Lease

For 36 Months
Nissan LEAF

SL
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $3,979 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $3,624 consumer down payment, $355 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $2,725 manufacturer's rebate applied to $355/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions. 2018 LEAF SL Lease model 17218 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation. $37,085 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $29,416 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $12,780 At lease end, purchase for $16,688, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 05/31/2018.
I see no sign of the $7500 tax credit here.
Neither do I. There seems to be a small discrepancy but without knowing other figures like taxes, title fees, etc. hard to say but it nowhere near the remaining $7500 balance minus the $2725 incentive.

I have to say Nissan has just removed one of their greatest advantages.

Re: 2018 Leaf buy or lease

Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:57 pm
by LeftieBiker
So you were mistaken when you said the credit was back on the site? I don't want to waste time there if it isn't necessary.

Re: 2018 Leaf buy or lease

Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:27 am
by DaveinOlyWA
LeftieBiker wrote:So you were mistaken when you said the credit was back on the site? I don't want to waste time there if it isn't necessary.
Nope, its there. I would post pix but I am no longer allowed. As far as credit, you got the standard deal. For May its $5575 for S, $3175 for SV and $2775 for SL and that is straight from the dealer's mouth. (a VERY trusted one)