queuetee
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:24 am
Delivery Date: 12 Nov 2020

NorCal dealers have many SL Leaf Plus for low 35Ks

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:50 pm

More than 10K off from MSRP. I am tempted to pull the trigger, but my sense tells me I should wait and see in 2021.
It seems to me Nissan dealers have a very hard time to move SL Leaf Plus, I monitor the SL Leaf Plus that I like, it sits there with 36,500 for months, now the dealer discount to $35,200. I really don't know how low they would go.

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 15518
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: NorCal dealers have many SL Leaf Plus for low 35Ks

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Not everyone likes leather upholstery - especially in colder climates. We also saw SL Pluses sitting on lots. We just arranged to lease a loaded SV Plus for about the same price.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

queuetee
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:24 am
Delivery Date: 12 Nov 2020

Re: NorCal dealers have many SL Leaf Plus for low 35Ks

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:21 pm

To be honest, I don't see how Nissan can sell SL Leaf Plus with 45K price range.
VW ID4 SUV will sell in US this Chrismas for 40K with 250 miles range, a much better car
Mustang March E will sell around 43K, way much better car
Its own car, the Ariya, will sell around 40K too, and this is like 10 times better than the Leaf
and there is a Tesla Model 3 starts at 37K. The argument of no Fed Tax of $7,500 is valid here. Because of this, I myself is thinking to get the Leaf. If there was not $7,500, I would have taken Model 3 over the Leaf any day.

How can the Nissan Leaf Plus compete with those cars? Why put up a high MSRP 45K, then you give a huge discount every month. I bet no one in the world would spend that money to buy 45K MSRP.

Is very interesting to see how car makers will compete with Tesla in EVs. The only advantage they have now is tax-credit.

WetEV
Posts: 4008
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: NorCal dealers have many SL Leaf Plus for low 35Ks

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:42 am

queuetee wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:21 pm
Is very interesting to see how car makers will compete with Tesla in EVs. The only advantage they have now is tax-credit.
And a far better UI, build quality and interior.
There is a point to hard switches and knobs.
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2097
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: NorCal dealers have many SL Leaf Plus for low 35Ks

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:52 am

There are left over 2019 SV Pluses for under 30k around here.

https://www.autobarnnissan.com/inventor ... 1kc321209/

While we really enjoy our 2019 SV Plus, I jumped too soon last year. That said, it enabled many fun road trips with my teenagers the past year and a half, so not complaining too much.
2019 S Plus (98.06% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (94.77% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

gncndad
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:02 pm
Delivery Date: 23 Feb 2016
Location: Ft. Worth, TX

Re: NorCal dealers have many SL Leaf Plus for low 35Ks

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:49 am

queuetee wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:21 pm
To be honest, I don't see how Nissan can sell SL Leaf Plus with 45K price range.
VW ID4 SUV will sell in US this Chrismas for 40K with 250 miles range, a much better car
Mustang March E will sell around 43K, way much better car
Its own car, the Ariya, will sell around 40K too, and this is like 10 times better than the Leaf

and there is a Tesla Model 3 starts at 37K. The argument of no Fed Tax of $7,500 is valid here. Because of this, I myself is thinking to get the Leaf. If there was not $7,500, I would have taken Model 3 over the Leaf any day.

How can the Nissan Leaf Plus compete with those cars? Why put up a high MSRP 45K, then you give a huge discount every month. I bet no one in the world would spend that money to buy 45K MSRP.

Is very interesting to see how car makers will compete with Tesla in EVs. The only advantage they have now is tax-credit.
I do agree that the Leaf has always been ridiculously overpriced. However, I have to say I choked on your reference to these 3 "future"cars, especially the VW, being a "way better car."

I dream of owning a VAG product in the future, because I love their overall concept, but after the QC issues of the last decade, and having been burned by the diesel fiasco, I wouldn't ever think of them as being "better" in any way. Conceptually, perhaps, but not in a road-worthy way.

As for the MustangE and the Ariya, they're not even rolling yet.

In my experience, buying used, it has been by far the "best" in cost of ownership and reliability: 4 1/2 years, 40k miles: wiper blades, cabin filter, 12v battery, tires (accident too one out, decided to replace all 4)
2015 LeafS
2018 Toyota Prius Four Touring
2018 Toyota Prius Two
2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited

gncndad
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:02 pm
Delivery Date: 23 Feb 2016
Location: Ft. Worth, TX

Re: NorCal dealers have many SL Leaf Plus for low 35Ks

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:54 am

gncndad wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:49 am
queuetee wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:21 pm
To be honest, I don't see how Nissan can sell SL Leaf Plus with 45K price range.
VW ID4 SUV will sell in US this Chrismas for 40K with 250 miles range, a much better car
Mustang March E will sell around 43K, way much better car
Its own car, the Ariya, will sell around 40K too, and this is like 10 times better than the Leaf

and there is a Tesla Model 3 starts at 37K. The argument of no Fed Tax of $7,500 is valid here. Because of this, I myself is thinking to get the Leaf. If there was not $7,500, I would have taken Model 3 over the Leaf any day.

How can the Nissan Leaf Plus compete with those cars? Why put up a high MSRP 45K, then you give a huge discount every month. I bet no one in the world would spend that money to buy 45K MSRP.

Is very interesting to see how car makers will compete with Tesla in EVs. The only advantage they have now is tax-credit.
I do agree that the Leaf has always been ridiculously overpriced. However, I have to say I choked on your reference to these 3 "future"cars, especially the VW, being a "way better car."

I dream of owning a VAG product in the future, because I love their overall concept, but after the QC issues of the last two decades, and having been burned by the diesel fiasco, I wouldn't ever think of them as being "better" in any way. Conceptually "better", perhaps, but not in a road-worthy way. (VW Phaeton? ALL the auto pundits loved it, more than the Mercedes S class, but during road tests, it kept stalling for no reason...repeatedly...)

As for the MustangE and the Ariya, they're not even rolling yet.

In my experience, buying a Leaf used, it has been by far the "best" in cost of ownership and reliability: 4 1/2 years, 40k miles: wiper blades, cabin filter, 12v battery, tires (accident too one out, decided to replace all 4)
2015 LeafS
2018 Toyota Prius Four Touring
2018 Toyota Prius Two
2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited

SageBrush
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: NM

Re: NorCal dealers have many SL Leaf Plus for low 35Ks

Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:30 pm

DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:52 am
There are left over 2019 SV Pluses for under 30k around here.
https://www.autobarnnissan.com/inventor ... 1kc321209/
Indeed -- under $28k. If the buyer is also eligible for a $7,500 federal tax credit then it is ~ $20k. I'm still not sure that putting money into a car with CHAdeMO, no TMS, and a tottering on BK Nissan is wise but it is tempting.

Image
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought Jan 2017 from N. California
Two years in Colorado, now in NM
03/18: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/18: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
09/20: 54.3 Ahr; 38k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15067
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: NorCal dealers have many SL Leaf Plus for low 35Ks

Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:04 pm

queuetee wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:21 pm
To be honest, I don't see how Nissan can sell SL Leaf Plus with 45K price range.
VW ID4 SUV will sell in US this Chrismas for 40K with 250 miles range, a much better car
Mustang March E will sell around 43K, way much better car
Its own car, the Ariya, will sell around 40K too, and this is like 10 times better than the Leaf
and there is a Tesla Model 3 starts at 37K. The argument of no Fed Tax of $7,500 is valid here. Because of this, I myself is thinking to get the Leaf. If there was not $7,500, I would have taken Model 3 over the Leaf any day.

How can the Nissan Leaf Plus compete with those cars? Why put up a high MSRP 45K, then you give a huge discount every month. I bet no one in the world would spend that money to buy 45K MSRP.

Is very interesting to see how car makers will compete with Tesla in EVs. The only advantage they have now is tax-credit.
The simple answer is they don't. Discounting 2011 and 2012, when is the last time you heard anyone paying within $5,000 of sticker?
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 13,705 mi, 93.41% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FresnoFred
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:38 am
Delivery Date: 15 Jun 2018
Leaf Number: 313000

Re: NorCal dealers have many SL Leaf Plus for low 35Ks

Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:39 pm

n/m
Last edited by FresnoFred on Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”