MikeBoxwell wrote:I'm told I'll be driving a production vehicle in the UK fairly shortly. I'm hoping to have it for at least 24 hours so that I can do a number of tests including an economy and environmental efficiency test similar to the one I carried out with the Mitsubishi i-MiEV in January.
You're going to get quite a few questions - perhaps you would be willing to start a new thread? Something like "Driving a production Leaf on XX - what do you want asked/tested/looked at" Off the top of my head, these are some of the questions I've seen people asking/wondering about:
- When is the regen braking engaged? Does it apply some when the "go pedal" is lifted but before the "stop pedal" is pushed down? How does the transition feel between regen and friction braking?
- How is the "B" driving mode engaged, how is it indicated on the dash, and how does driving with that 'feel'?
- You've already touched on it, but range is a huge question/concern, so any tests you can do with that, including blasting the AC and heater, would be appreciated.
- Any details about all dash/console buttons - there have been some speculation about what's there and what they do
- I recently saw a thread noticing a huge "plug" where a key would normally go on the steering column - is that really there?
That's just a start, there's certainly more questions. If you're up for it the community here would really appreciate it.