SF Bay Area Nissan Dealers - below MSRP, anyone? Bueller?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentr

Ok, so SoCal is currently having all the fun with their $1000 below MSRP price with free shipping of no more than 200 miles. That is incredible to say the least. So, the question is who will be the first in the SF Bay Area Nissan Dealer to go below MSRP? This is just a matter of time. I believe this is an incredible opportunity for the dealer(s). They will certainly be rewarded of hundreds of potential customers just by posting to this forum. No expensive advertisement needed, nada, zip. The info will spread like wildfire, cascading down to Nissan Leaf FB, and possibly other blogs. What do you guys say? :D

trent

Another question related: Once we find out whom in the Bay Area has the best deal, how many times can we change our "Preferred Dealership"?

I'd imagine at some point, we'll have to lock-in to a dealer; or loose our spot in line?

Maybe all the SF Bay Area people should get together for a group discount meeting with a dealer or two?

My guess like with many Bay area things is the dealers stick together on stuff like this as the market is much smaller, like our inflated gas and grocery gouging prices.

EVDRIVER said:
My guess like with many Bay area things is the dealers stick together on stuff like this as the market is much smaller, like our inflated gas and grocery gouging prices.

Yea, let's hope Bay Area Nissan dealerships don't have "zone pricing" for the Leaf like the gas stations charge/rip-us-off zone pricing in the Bay Area.

gasmiser1 said:
EVDRIVER said:

Yea, let's hope Bay Area Nissan dealerships don't have "zone pricing" for the Leaf like the gas stations charge/rip-us-off zone pricing in the Bay Area.

Zone pricing is a result of the large oil companies buying and closing all the independent gas stations and much price fixing. If you bought a MINI when they came back they were $5K over MSRP in SF and at MSRP in LA, just a short drive at $5K savings.

Anybody a good negotiator?

I already count more than a handful of people from the SF bay area. We could negotiate as a group together. Whichever Nissan dealer that offers the best deal will get the business of the entire group.

As pointed out by EVDRIVER and others in another thread, I think we need to look at dealerships which are slightly out of the bay area (think lots of mortgage foreclosures) with a population less interested in getting the Leaf. These dealerships would have zero/very little Leaf business anyway and they have nothing to lose by discounting and getting the business which they might not get in the first place.

greenleaf said:
Anybody a good negotiator?

I already count more than a handful of people from the SF bay area. We could negotiate as a group together. Whichever Nissan dealer that offers the best deal will get the business of the entire group.

As pointed out by EVDRIVER and others in another thread, I think we need to look at dealerships which are slightly out of the bay area (think lots of mortgage foreclosures) with a population less interested in getting the Leaf. These dealerships would have zero/very little Leaf business anyway and they have nothing to lose by discounting and getting the business which they might not get in the first place.
Greenleaf are you volunteering? :D

Seriously though I like the idea and I am interested. Distance does concern my though. I don't think I would want to drive my brand new leaf too far, perhaps 75 miles? It would need to have a full charge from the dealer too. Having the Leaf delivered to my door on a flatbed or similar might work even better. I have been slated for August order so I think this would need to be put together rather quickly. Would this thread be a good place to collect who is interested and keep track of what dealers are in the running?

evnow said:
If enough of you get together, you can probably get Fontana to ship the cars to you for free ...
Really? That could work for me. I can just see all the bay area leaf forum members that are purchasing a leaf converging on a car carrier from Fontana :)

Looks like our best chance on getting a discount is from Boardwalk Nissan. I mentioned the huge discounts SoCal is getting to their General Manager, Susan Daniero, however it seems that most of the GMs are in Las Vegas Nissan National Dealer Meeting this week. This is most likely why we are not getting any answers from any of them.

trentr said:
Looks like our best chance on getting a discount is from Boardwalk Nissan. I mentioned the huge discounts SoCal is getting to their General Manager, Susan Daniero, however it seems that most of the GMs are in Las Vegas Nissan National Dealer Meeting this week. This is most likely why we are not getting any answers from any of them.
Interesting. They even have a link pointing back to this forum.

DeaneG said:
Boardwalk Nissan would work for me.

Boardwalk works for me too. Whomever in the 100 mile range of my house will work if the price/discount is right. Buying in group volume should help negotiate a group discount deal.

I'm not sure about a car carrier shipment with possible damage to my new Leaf.
I think with a little phone work and leg work we can get a great group discount.

***side note***
I bought my 2001 Insight new with a huge discount simply by calling 12 dealers. The Insights were a hot item back in 2001 in the Bay Area. The best price worked out to be at Shingle Springs Honda-2hrs 45 min from my house. (I figuring most people in the mountains want trucks and used that as a ploy).
I took that super low price to Capital Honda in SJ and they matched the price.

greenleaf said:
As pointed out by EVDRIVER and others in another thread, I think we need to look at dealerships which are slightly out of the bay area (think lots of mortgage foreclosures) with a population less interested in getting the Leaf.
Good point, considering Fontana's locale -- check w/Nissan of Stockton. We're foreclosure central out here. :oops:
I'd be interested in a group discount if it was closer to home.

Back