AZ : Only 9 or 10 Leafs in the first run?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timaz

This article is very interesting. According to it, there are 529 Arizonans that have paid the $99 for a Leaf reservation. However, it says only 9-10 vehicles will be sold in the first run? Are they referring to only 9-10 sales in December? That is way lower than the 40 that I thought we were getting based on the other article? Who thinks they are one of the first 10 vehicles ordered in the State?

http://eastvalleytribune.com/arizona/article_9170c90a-c056-11df-be95-001cc4c03286.html

Based on the most recent sales figures available, 529 Arizonans have paid the $99 reservation fee for a Leaf. Only “nine or 10” cars will be sold in the state during the first run, said Jason Doherty, Internet and fleet director at Riverview Nissan in Mesa.

Who knows what he is talking about - may be # of people who ordered on Aug 31 through his dealership ?

The article specifically says only 9-10 will be sold in the State on the first run? That would mean all dealers!

Not sure about out of state sales, I would think they will be tallied under where they are delivered. I spoke with dealer today and they told me those are going to be really complicated.

I don't believe this dealer:

Based on the most recent sales figures available, 529 Arizonans have paid the $99 reservation fee for a Leaf. Only “nine or 10” cars will be sold in the state during the first run, said Jason Doherty, Internet and fleet director at Riverview Nissan in Mesa.

I know of 8 LEAFs sold to Tucson people from Tucson dealers alone. What does "first run" mean to this guy? The first day? I don't know but I don't put any value into this. Also, newspapers are always misquoting people in print. It's happened to a lot of my friends.

Actually, we've decided we don't want a LEAF produce during the first few weeks of production - too experimental whether the assembly line, tools, trained assemblers, etc. are all doing what they are suppose to be doing. We're fine with a January delivery. If "first run" was December deliveries, that might be true. It's ok with me.

Azrich said:
I don't believe this dealer:

I know of 8 LEAFs sold to Tucson people from Tucson dealers alone. What does "first run" mean to this guy? The first day? I don't know but I don't put any value into this. Also, newspapers are always misquoting people in print. It's happened to a lot of my friends.

Actually, we've decided we don't want a LEAF produce during the first few weeks of production - too experimental whether the assembly line, tools, trained assemblers, etc. are all doing what they are suppose to be doing. We're fine with a January delivery. If "first run" was December deliveries, that might be true. It's ok with me.

I'm with you Rich! First of all, I don't believe that dealer either. Secondly, it doesn't matter to me either when my car is delivered because I'm leasing anyway. I don't need the tax credit in Dec. :) I just love the idea that my payments will be MUCH lower leasing out of state. And that's just sour grapes of that dealer saying buying/leasing out of state is complicated. LOL, he's too funny. He's just mad because no one is buying from him at MSRP.

Azrich said:
Actually, we've decided we don't want a LEAF produce during the first few weeks of production - too experimental whether the assembly line, tools, trained assemblers, etc. are all doing what they are suppose to be doing.

I was wondering this too. The flip-side of course (especially with Japanese production) is they could have QC guys all up and down the assembly line, checking and double checking the workers.

I've had extensive dealing with this dealer. He is not a very reliable source. I would look to more reliable sources than him. He is neither informed nor noteworthy.

Back