walterbays
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Re: Arizona and other hot climates

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:32 pm

leaffan wrote:How much did it cost for your windscreen? What do you have on the other windows and how much was it?
Here's some information on tinting, though it's San Diego specific, not Phoenix.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2010 ... w-tinting/

From the article it looks like it may have come a long way from the time years ago that I had windows tinted. It lasted about a year, then turned purple in the heat, bubbled, cracked, and began peeling off in random patches. It remained stubbornly stuck in most places, though, and I had to spend a lot more to have the junk removed than I had paid to apply it. I'm not at all interested in repeating that experience, and I'm more than a little nervous about putting anything on my windshield.
7/00 Dodge Intrepid - 18 MPG - gas $1.72
10/04 Toyota Prius - 35 MPG - $2.40
8/30/10 reserved - $3.09
2/22/11 ordered red SL ETEC - $3.56
3/15/11 delivery est. May - $3.95
4/29/11 delivery est. June - $4.20
2.9 kW PV: >100% of power needs, pre-Leaf

Azrich
Leaf Number: 000604

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:43 am

I sent the following questions to Nissan over a week ago and heard back yesterday that they don't have an answer for me yet. My questions stemmed from the survey we took a couple weeks ago about range and batteries.
Thank you for taking the time to personally contact us about your interest in the Nissan LEAF.

(My email and questions:)
I ordered my LEAF on Sept. 7 and then was asked to participate in a survey on Sept. 10. There was information on the survey that caused me to ask questions. On the survey it says,
"To help maintain battery capacity: · Park/store in moderate temperature Excessive capacity reduction could be attributed to: · Driving or storing your LEAF in extreme temperatures"
What is Nissan's definition of "moderate temperature" and "extreme temperatures"? I live in Tucson. Our garage can get to 105 degrees on some days in the summer. I'm afraid I will not air condition my garage for this car. Thank you for this information.

(Their response:)
We apologize for the delay in response. Your inquiry has been sent to the appropriate parties for research. Once we have a response we will contact you. In the mean time, the information provided in the survey is also available within your online reservation account. Simply click on the "how far can I go" link in the upper right-hand corner, found under your name. There are three tabs within the white screen that will pop-up, great information is available on each tab. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
I would like some numbers here instead of words like "extreme temperatures". I will post answer, when and if I get one.
Nissan LEAF - Blue Ocean SL-E
Reserved - April 20, 3:20 pm - Ordered - September 8, 2010 - Delivery: - March 22, 2011 - VIN: 604
EV Project Blink - installed March 17
5.8 kW PV system with 27 SunPower 215 W panels

LEAFguy

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Gonewild wrote:I have found a tint dealer that I will be using both normal premuim tint and I forgot the name but YES it is clear and will reflect about 85% of the IR and UV.
Nissan uses UV reducing glass in many of their vehicles already (check out the "Exterior" specs). Before going to the expense of adding needless additional UV tint, you might want to wait and find out what Nissan has already done for the LEAF. While not heavily tinted, the UV reducing glass does reduce interior temperatures as well as reducing fade and deterioration of interior upholstery.

Gonewild
Delivery Date: 18 May 2011
Leaf Number: 229

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:41 pm

LEAFguy wrote:
Gonewild wrote:I have found a tint dealer that I will be using both normal premuim tint and I forgot the name but YES it is clear and will reflect about 85% of the IR and UV.
Nissan uses UV reducing glass in many of their vehicles already (check out the "Exterior" specs). Before going to the expense of adding needless additional UV tint, you might want to wait and find out what Nissan has already done for the LEAF. While not heavily tinted, the UV reducing glass does reduce interior temperatures as well as reducing fade and deterioration of interior upholstery.
Here in AZ UV is good to block but I want IR that is the heat UV only fades the interior.
Over 25,300 miles Plus - Now Sold/ Lease given back to Nissan 8-25-2012
Ordered Glacier Pearl Nissan Leaf SL eTech Edition on 8/31, Delivered March 1, 2011