Volusiano
Delivery Date: 03 Jun 2011

Re: Blink Membership Rollout Starts Today in Maricopa County

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 pm

LEAFfan wrote:Since they posted "no membership fee for 2013", I changed mine today from basic to plus.
Can you show us where they posted this?

LEAFfan
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Volusiano wrote:
LEAFfan wrote:Since they posted "no membership fee for 2013", I changed mine today from basic to plus.
Here is Blink's quote today: Volusiano,

"I apologize for the confusion. At this time, the annual fee for the Blink Plus membership plan will be waived until further notice. You will not be charged the annual fee for 2013, and we will give notice when the annual fee comes into effect with your Blink Plus membership plan."[/quote]

So they won't be charging the $30 until at least January, 2014.
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

Volusiano
Delivery Date: 03 Jun 2011

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:08 am

LEAFfan wrote:
Volusiano wrote:
Here is Blink's quote today: Volusiano,

"I apologize for the confusion. At this time, the annual fee for the Blink Plus membership plan will be waived until further notice. You will not be charged the annual fee for 2013, and we will give notice when the annual fee comes into effect with your Blink Plus membership plan."
So they won't be charging the $30 until at least January, 2014.[/quote]Oh, you're just talking about the post in response to my question on this thread. I see.

Since their left hand don't have the same story as their right hand (Blink customer support on the phone vs the Blink poster here), it's even more confusing and I still don't know who to believe.

Until they have something officially posted on their web site about this, I won't trust whatever the Blink poster says on this forum because they've created enough confusion to me. I will only believe it when they post it clearly on their website where I can take a screen snapshot of it for posterity, in case I need it for a dispute later on.

NoMoShocks
Delivery Date: 17 Jan 2015
Leaf Number: 305722

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:47 am

I am also glad that Blink participates actively in this forum.
I think it is valuable for them to get feedback from us, and from my perspective, I don't understand how their business model of charging $1:50 per hour to connect to government subsidized EVSE that provide electricity donated by others. I think it takes away most of the incentive for a commercial business to install the EVSE and donate the electricity to increase retail traffic if EV drivers are not willing to pay the hourly fee. Most of us bought our EVs with specific routes and lack of public EVSE in mind and are not prepared to pay such a premium which basically pushes opperating cost to higher than traditional gasoline powered transportation.

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”