EVDRIVER

Re: Official California PG&E Thread

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:01 pm

PGE is suppose to have na answer on E9 being optional or not, not sure that mattes though. Solar customers could be worse off on E9 because of the change in ties for peak, etc. What would be great would be E6 for solar customers with E9 off-peak rates! This give low cost EV charging and still keeps the solar production rates high for day and times longer. Ruling on E9 is supposed to be in today.

New E9 hotline- 1-877-743-7782

DeaneG
Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 594

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Here is more than you'd ever want to know about the kV2cs net meter - how to read it, plus a lot of technical information. The meter can be triggered to display more data using a magnet on the face at 3 o'clock:

http://www.gepower.com/prod_serv/produc ... 2ci_oi.pdf
White SL w/L3, 3kWDC Solar PV

Rat
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2011

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:23 pm

My next bill should have the E9A billing on it, but I don't know whether it will be all that useful. With a bit of math it should be. Of course right after it was installed this cold/rain snap happened, causing the furnace to run regularly (gas, but big fan motor) and causing my wife and me to do less outdoors activity, so more time on the computer, TV, cooking, lights, etc. Plus my daughter came home for Thanksgiving, whereas last year we all went to my son's place, so the bottom line is that we will probably show much more usage this year than last and maybe sneak into tier 3 (which we don't normally). The bill will probably go up but not because of the rate change.
2011 SL down to 9 capacity bars
OnWords

greenleaf

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:33 am

DeaneG wrote:The "meter man" came out this morning to swap in a kV2cs net meter. He said to go ahead and switch on the PV. And he even knew that I was aiming for the E9A rate rather than E6. Hope it all works.
Glad to hear that yours is moving along.

Could you tell me if the "meter man" set up an appointment first or did he just show up unannounced?
2011 Leaf: reserved 4/2010, delivered 3/2011 (VIN 9XX), sold 2/2014.
EVP Blink EVSE installed 4/2011.
OpenEVSE installed 3/2014.
3.22 kW DC Solar PV.

DeaneG

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:51 am

greenleaf wrote:Could you tell me if the "meter man" set up an appointment first or did he just show up unannounced?
He just showed up about 10am with a knock on the door, no appointment or phone call first. I think he would have swapped out the meter even if I wasn't home. I spoke with my PG&E "project manager" for the first time several hours after that. He was surprised to hear that the meter had already been swapped. I think I lit a fire at PG&E with my previous phone call asking for an expedited fix after that 7-week wait.

greenleaf

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 pm

DeaneG wrote:
greenleaf wrote:Could you tell me if the "meter man" set up an appointment first or did he just show up unannounced?
He just showed up about 10am with a knock on the door, no appointment or phone call first. I think he would have swapped out the meter even if I wasn't home. I spoke with my PG&E "project manager" for the first time several hours after that. He was surprised to hear that the meter had already been swapped. I think I lit a fire at PG&E with my previous phone call asking for an expedited fix after that 7-week wait.
Thanks. I received the following email from PG&E two days ago:
Thank you for your application to participate in Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s (PG&E’s) Solar and Net Energy Metering (NEM) program. If you have retained the services of a solar or wind power company and have provided it with written authorization to act on your behalf, we will communicate with that company directly ...
Did you get such an email too? It was signed off by Mike H.
2011 Leaf: reserved 4/2010, delivered 3/2011 (VIN 9XX), sold 2/2014.
EVP Blink EVSE installed 4/2011.
OpenEVSE installed 3/2014.
3.22 kW DC Solar PV.

gudy
Delivery Date: 20 May 2011

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:12 pm

I called PGE 3 days ago, and they told me that they would switch me to E9A as soon as possible.
No need to change the meter, as it's a smart meter.
Overall, that was the easiest thing in the whole LEAF purchase process.
1st Leaf Order (order made and confirmed on 08/31 10:40am)
Delivered on December 11th 2010
15000 miles so far

DeaneG

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:46 pm

greenleaf wrote:..I received the following email from PG&E two days ago ... Did you get such an email too? It was signed off by Mike H.
Yes, about 2-3 days before the "meter man" showed up and swapped the meter (was smartmeter, now kV2cs). Mike H was also the overall manager for mine. My local "program manager will come over next Tues to have a look at my panel. Not expecting any problems since I'm planning to use an existing unused dedicated 24v 20A circuit for a 16A Leviton EVSE.

DeaneG

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:49 pm

gudy wrote:I called PGE 3 days ago, and they told me that they would switch me to E9A as soon as possible.
No need to change the meter, as it's a smart meter.
Overall, that was the easiest thing in the whole LEAF purchase process.
That's funny/sad, PG&E just went out of their way to change my smartmeter to a kV2cs for an E9A rate. I'll miss the hourly consumption info from the smartmeter.

Was Mike H involved on your non-switched-meter? The New Construction group (not Mike H's group) told me that my existing smartmeter would be fine. Then the meter man showed up a day later and switched it to a kV2cs.

EDIT: maybe it's because I just installed PV solar and need net metering.

planet4ever
Delivery Date: 02 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1537

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:12 pm

DeaneG wrote:That's funny/sad, PG&E just went out of their way to change my smartmeter to a kV2cs for an E9A rate. I'll miss the hourly consumption info from the smartmeter.

Was Mike H involved on your non-switched-meter? The New Construction group (not Mike H's group) told me that my existing smartmeter would be fine. Then the meter man showed up a day later and switched it to a kV2cs.

EDIT: maybe it's because I just installed PV solar and need net metering.
I was skimming one of the southern California utility threads (don't remember which one) and they were complaining about smart meters counting negative flows as positive, and so double billing anybody with solar, then somebody said the utility had just come up with a way to reprogram the meters so they could now be used properly for net metering.
End of April 2013: Traded my 2011 SL for a 2013 S with charge pkg.

Return to “Utilities”