COMED chicago area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tardis

Has anyone switched over to COMED real time pricing? Just looking for any insights. The real time rates appear to be very low during winter months compared to flat rate of $.07 per kwh.

Tardis said:
Has anyone switched over to COMED real time pricing? Just looking for any insights. The real time rates appear to be very low during winter months compared to flat rate of $.07 per kwh.

I mentioned it in this thread with some links to google gadgets to see the numbers as well. Sorry I can't find my post there. I averged 11.5/kWh before and 9ish/kWh after. I'm saving $30-$40 per month ... enough to cover the cost of charging my Volt ... I drive for "free"

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=357" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Too bad the forum search doesn't work better but this has been discussed a few times in the past so perhaps using the 'Google' option and search for real time pricing and ComEd --- I myself went for a fixed rate of 6.6 cents/month for 18 months with Champion Energy over ComEd and so far it still beats any of the other 3rd party power resellers that continue to send me mailings about how low they are. Unless you are already a heavy power user I don't believe the 'real time' pricing is really going to be worth it but do your research and then make a decision based on your own electricity usage --- I expect only a marginal increase with charging the LEAF and that will be offset by the lower rate I'm getting now.

Back