Any Leafers Using PG&E E6?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AP1

I calculated that my leaf is using about 11% of my total KWH and am presently on E1, charging whenever I feel like it. E9A is not for me, would cost me more. According to PG&E, I would save $90/yr on E6. They are going to do a month to month analysis for me for the past year showing what I would have paid on E6 compared to E1. If I moved to E6, I would charge at night. I'm curious if any one else is on E6 or looked into it. Yes I know, I should be charging at night anyway, and I may start doing that now that I'm used to the car, timers, etc... Our monthly usage is roughly in the middle of tier3.

I think lots of people here are on E6, but most of us have solar (or wind), and many of us had E6 long before we got the LEAF. Some people decided it would be smart to get solar panels just to feed their LEAF.

I'm not sure I remember where most of the E1 vs E6 vs E9 discussion has taken place, but you can find quite a bit of it at the Official California PG&E Thread.

Ray

I put in solar and went to E6 the same month (October '11) I got my Leaf. My system is 4KW DC and I probably should have gotten a bigger system. All I know is that I'm saving a bundle with the winter rates :D . Hopefully I'll have enough solar to offset the summer rates :( .

WE are E6 customers and like the off peak rates. We have learned to use our appliances and charge the Leaf during off peak hours.

I hope my solar panels will generate enough power this spring and summer to give us credits for the winter. I am planning on adding two more 235,
watt panels soon.

We have a 2.5kw system. The Leaf uses about 11kw per day. We drive it around town and 15 miles to Costco.

John

We have E-7 (similar to E-6) for solar (since 2004). I considered a second meter for E-9, but decided it was too expensive to install. What I now realize is that winter months with the Leaf are actually the most painful in terms of electricity costs, because we are well above 130% of baseline (3rd tier) with the car from Nov through March. So we are basically paying 26 cents per kWh for all the Leaf charging. Our solar system is 3.3kW, and we used to just about break even each year (typically under $100 for the year). I figure this year with the Leaf, we'll be around $600 or maybe more. We're on track to drive about 10,000 mi/yr on the Leaf. I am considering getting more solar panels.

Back