EVgo infrastructure thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
salyavin said:
Promotion will only be valid for customers who have opted in to receive EVgo promotional emails and received this email.

I may not have opted in to recieve promotional emails (have not checked yet) and did not receive that email. So yea it is not everyone. It may be most perhaps?

Interesting. I don't remember opting in on that but maybe part of NCTC registration? I always do paperless so maybe...

Today EVgo announced that Rodney Slater, Partner at Squire Patton Boggs LLP and U.S. Secretary of Transportation under President Bill Clinton, and Kate Brandt, Google’s Sustainability Officer and Federal Chief Sustainability Officer under President Obama, have been nominated to join its post-merger public company board of directors: https://bit.ly/2PHxVS1

cwerdna said:
EVgo seems to be added their CHAdeMO to Tesla adapters in a box up in https://www.evgo.com/tesla-seattle/ now.

Nice find. Was trying to use Plugshare to find the converted locations and that was a bit of a fail. They do mention the updates but doing a filtered plug search (yeah, I am lazy) was a complete bomb.

Guessing all the stations will be eventually converted or do you have info on that?

On a better note; EVgo has added a 6 station 100 kw location to Whole Foods in Westlake, Seattle. Plugshare lists it as the same price as 50 kw machines which would make it a bargain charging location for EVs capable of that speed. Since I am still getting COVID Care rates till 6/30, I could pull in kwh's at around 17 cents each!

I was surprised to find that EA has markedly reduced fees, at least for my state of NM

For charging up to 90 kW:
16¢ a kWh for all, or 12¢ a kWh for passholders

SageBrush said:
I was surprised to find that EA has markedly reduced fees, at least for my state of NM

not per kwh, its per minute. Still MUCH better than what I get which is 31/43 cents/ kwh.

Actually Seattle has at least two EVgo 100 kw locations and I can confirm still 20 cents/min for me :D

SageBrush said:

You mean per minute? That's what https://www.electrifyamerica.com/pricing/ says for NM.

But if you charge fast enough, it comes out to 16 or 12 cents per kWh...

The EA per minute pricing in states where they still have it like yours and TX are dirt cheap vs. most of were they moved to per kWh pricing. It's 43 cents/kWh for Pass and 31 cents/kWh for Pass+ in CA and most other per kWh states.

cwerdna said:
SageBrush said:

You mean per minute? That's what https://www.electrifyamerica.com/pricing/ says for NM.

But if you charge fast enough, it comes out to 16 or 12 cents per kWh...

The EA per minute pricing in states where they still have it like yours and TX are dirt cheap vs. most of were they moved to per kWh pricing. It's 43 cents/kWh for Pass and 31 cents/kWh for Pass+ in CA and most other per kWh states.

Can't charge fast enough on Chademo since they cut the rate on them to ~120 amps. FYI; I have hit 3 EVgo stations and all are running 126-127 amps. Never seen more than 124 before.

DaveinOlyWA said:
SageBrush said:

not per kwh, its per minute.
Yes, I stand corrected

cwerdna said:
Indeed. I'm trying to remember who those people were who were so hot for per kWh charging. :lol:

SageBrush said:
cwerdna said:
But if you charge fast enough,
Bolt speeds
it comes out to 16 or 12 cents per kWh...

Bolt charges 55 kw max which means its kwh cost will be higher than per minute cost.

The reality is people plug into DCs and want to charge to 95% which is why they wanted per kwh fees so the can camp on the "cheap" well, guessing its too late to warn "be careful what you wish for!"

Yep on Bolt speeds. Kona EV and Niro EV have it pretty good in per minute EA states.

I found this video at https://insideevs.com/news/430783/hyundai-kona-electric-0-80-fast-charge/. Looks like they are at 70 kW until 60%. They stay at ~57 kW until ~75%.

Fortunately, the two ChargePoint (actually one and the other sorta, restricted most days but open to the public on weekends) 19 cent/kWh DC FCs near home that were broken for 3 months finally got fixed.

If EVgo were to put more stations between destinations, they would easily be the goto network for more EVs. They announced expansion plans with GM in August last year to triple the size of the network in under 5 years. We are seeing that now with 350 KW CCS/100 KW Chademo (wondering if the Tesla adapter will run that fast) and at current non member pricing of 29 cents/min, that would be a huge savings for cars that can handle higher than 50 kw speeds.

I will be doing the ID 4 test drive next week north of seattle so I will be testing the speeds on my way home from that.

The Tesla adapter is 50kw. Tesla or a third party could easily make a 100kw adapter I am sure. Back when they first designed it I doubt there were any 100kw CHAdeMO at all in north america.

salyavin said:
The Tesla adapter is 50kw. Tesla or a third party could easily make a 100kw adapter I am sure. Back when they first designed it I doubt there were any 100kw CHAdeMO at all in north america.

Well, that is stating the obvious (no 100 Kw stations) and I guess forward thinking was out of the question as well... Makes me think that spending money now to equip 50 kw adapters when the decision to expand the network to 100 kw and more was made nearly 9 months ago seems a bit... :?:

I don't know that Tesla wants very fast charging outside of their network just yet. In any case the adapter implementation was likely easy to do from an engineering perspective. Guessing some testing and heat management work to move the adapter to 100kW.

DougWantsALeaf said:
I don't know that Tesla wants very fast charging outside of their network just yet. In any case the adapter implementation was likely easy to do from an engineering perspective. Guessing some testing and heat management work to move the adapter to 100kW.

Or... the market for the adapter was overestimated and EVgo picked them up during a fire sale :lol:

As planned, I gorged on Thai, did an ID 4 test drive and first visit to one the 100 KW stations in Seattle.

Although I would have been happy paying 16.6 cents/kwh for the charge I got, I did 11 mins 53 seconds expecting a bill of $2.20 and was billed...

$.28. Wish i could charge at home for that much

Back