Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked my "favorite" EA site and the free candy is over. No more complimentary session on the display. I went to check the other site that was free Friday and it was over, as well.

I've added two sites to the Western road trip sites I'm watching list: Yuba City and Chico, CA, both on S.R. 99 north of Sacramento. These will open up the Feather River and Lake Almanor areas, and also provide access to Lassen N.P. from the south.

Also, the apparently now-monthly map update has happened, and the current Open/Coming soon count is 579/146.

The site in W. Wendover, NV is open, making I-80 between NorCal/Reno and SLC practical. Still want Lovelock to shorten the slightly long (129 mi.) leg between Fernley and Winnemucca, and they could use another between Wendover and SLC (125 miles), given the 80 mph limits much of the way.

I've added a site in Santa Maria, CA (U.S. 101) to my list. This will serve as infill north of or instead of Solvang, and unlike the latter isn't 4 miles off the highway.

https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/136
Celebrating Earth Day with Free Charging Sessions from Electrify America
Reston, VA (April 20, 2021) -- On Earth Day, Thursday April 22, electric vehicle owners will get free charging sessions at all Electrify America ultra-fast charging stations.

Electric vehicle drivers can locate a charging station by visiting the Electrify America website.

The company will not charge EV drivers for sessions starting at 12:00 a.m. EDT April 22 on through to 3:00 a.m. EDT April 23.

That's a critical one, making I-40 between Barstow and Flagstaff practical. Still need Fenner to shorten the Barstow to Needles leg.

Hopefully Quartzsite, AZ on I-10 will soon follow, completing the last of the major E-W interstates connecting California to the east.

BTW, Wet, my replies to your other posts were delayed due to losing my phone a couple of days ago. Someone found it and I got it back today, but the screen's much the worse for wear and hard to read so I need to get a new phone, and my replies will likely be slowed for a while until I do. I've got my 2nd vaccine appt. confirmation text in this one, so I'll be keeping it for at least a couple more weeks until that's out of the way. Fortunately I just got a captioned phone for my landline, so I've been enjoying two-way verbal phone conversations with my friends again for the first time in about a decade, instead of having to guess at 75-90% of what they say :lol:

^^^
Yes. I posted about this earlier in the thread... :)

Maybe we should have a separate thread like https://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9545 to call out when EA has announced or unannounced free juice.

cwerdna said:
^^^
Yes. I posted about this earlier in the thread... :)

Maybe we should have a separate thread like https://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9545 to call out when EA has announced or unannounced free juice.

Yeah, that does seem to be happening with increasing frequency lately

Got my free juice today. Went for a drive to the beach then came back (about 70 miles of driving). Picked up 36 kWh of free juice.

Bolt/Taycan driver pinged me that he was there getting his free candy when I was driving, so our stays overlapped a bit. An e-tron BEV showed up for his free juice as someone told him. I saw his car go as high as 147 kW, but mostly was at 146 kW when I was looking. This is on 150 kW chargers.

This might be a first for all 3 DC FCs there to be in use. EA checked in yesterday saying the CHAdeMO plug is down.

Amazingly, I've been seeing these EA DC FCs in use in prior days: once an i3, later an e-tron BEV and at another site, a Volt on J1772. I have no idea why they went there given that there are working J1772s and now repaired DC FCs both at 19 cents/kWh just a few miles away. EA here is 31 cents/kWh for Pass+ and 43 cents/kWh for Pass.

cwerdna said:
Got my free juice today. Went for a drive to the beach then came back (about 70 miles of driving). Picked up 36 kWh of free juice.

Bolt/Taycan driver pinged me that he was there getting his free candy when I was driving, so our stays overlapped a bit. An e-tron BEV showed up for his free juice as someone told him. I saw his car go as high as 147 kW, but mostly was at 146 kW when I was looking. This is on 150 kW chargers.

This might be a first for all 3 DC FCs there to be in use. EA checked in yesterday saying the CHAdeMO plug is down.

Amazingly, I've been seeing these EA DC FCs in use in prior days: once an i3, later an e-tron BEV and at another site, a Volt on J1772. I have no idea why they went there given that there are working J1772s and now repaired DC FCs both at 19 cents/kWh just a few miles away. EA here is 31 cents/kWh for Pass+ and 43 cents/kWh for Pass.

Quite the opposite experience for me. Hit the 6 station Walmart Lacey twice both times Chademo the only station in use. First time, I was alone. 2nd time, Gen One LEAF shows up 15 mins into my charging, I decided to stay for 30 mins and go. At 29 mins, another LEAF shows up so I unplugged and left. 35 kwh on the two sessions. I didn't have anything planned for yesterday so it was mostly just bombing around town getting errands done.

At the end of April there were 600 sites open/132 "Coming soon", compared to 569/150 at the end of March, a gain of 31 open sites.

Here's the list of road trip coverage expansion or gap filler "Coming soon" sites in the west I've been or will be monitoring, and consider most important for completion:

WA: Port Angeles and Aberdeen (U.S. 101); Leavenworth (U.S. 2); Poulsbo (S.R. 3/305/307).

Oregon: Bend (U.S. 97); Warrenton (U.S. 101).

CA: Greenfield, Santa Maria & Solvang (U.S. 101); Yuba City (S.R. 99/20) & Chico (S.R. 99/32); Auburn (I-80/S.R. 49); Placerville (U.S. 50); Los Banos*, Lost Hills & Oceanside (I-5); Buck Meadows (S.R. 120); Merced (S.R. 99/140); Fenner (I-40).

NV: Lovelock (I-80).
[/quote]

GCC:
Electrify America announces $200M additional investment for ZEV infrastructure and education in California

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2021/05/20210505-eacali.html

. . . Green City Investment: - $25 Million in Long Beach-Wilmington. One key part of the California plan is the $25 million investment in a Green City program in the Long Beach-Wilmington community, home to the nation’s busiest port complex and served by a fleet of more than 18,000 drayage trucks.

Building on Electrify America’s first successful Green City program in Sacramento, the company will work with Long Beach and Los Angeles city officials and fleet operators to implement projects focused on charging transit and heavy-duty electric vehicles, showcasing ultra-fast charging technology, energy storage and renewables and energy management for these two emerging use cases.

Efforts will focus on tackling medium- and heavy-duty emissions in a predominantly disadvantaged and low-income community, which is classified as an extreme non-attainment area under the Clean Air Act (64% of Long Beach/Wilmington community is classified as low-income and disadvantaged by the California Air Resources Board. . . .)

Highlights of California’s Third ZEV Investment Plan. The central focus of electric vehicle charging infrastructure investment will focus on building strategically-placed charging stations in many of Electrify America’s existing metro areas, where electric vehicle (EV) drivers are expected to charge most often. DC Fast Charging stations will be placed in retail locations, but will also consider the needs of adjacent multi-unit dwellings, where Level 2 (L2) residential charging deployment is oftentimes challenging. In addition to existing metro investments, Electrify America will invest in five new metro areas:

Bakersfield
Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura
Santa Maria-Santa Barbara
Stockton
Visalia

Existing metro area investments to be expanded are:

Fresno
Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim
Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario
San Diego-Carlsbad
San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward
San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara

Additional Investment Plan focus areas include:

Highways & Regional Routes: The new investment will expand highway network DC Fast Charging stations, featuring charging power up to 350 kilowatts for capable vehicles, adding density along major routes and investing in regionally significant routes to new destinations including Joshua Tree National Park.

Transit and Medium-Duty/Heavy-Duty Fleet Charging: Both the transit and medium/heavy-duty sectors are poised for significant growth over the coming decade. Electrify America is investing in infrastructure to support these emerging, but transformational, technologies. . . .

Rural Investments: As part of the plan, the company will build off its more than $81 million investment to date in rural parts of the state, including the Central Valley, where Electrify America has built more stations to date than any other charging provider.

Renewable Generation: Consistent with California’s broader air quality goals, Electrify America will invest in renewable generation for select stations as site-level energy management tools to help to reduce station operating costs and reduce the carbon consumption for EV recharging. . . .

Back