Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember Coso Junction near me sat un-activated for a long time, but I'm wondering if the station at Essex, CA has now taken the honor of the longest installed but un-activated station.

Do we know where the next round of EA stations are going to be installed? I remember looking through their documentation and it had a lot of info on regional and urban but I don't know if I saw an actual list up upcoming stations?

I was thinking the other day that if only we all had access to EA, Tesla chargers and the upcoming Rivian network, travel would look a tad easier / safer in an EV.

We are suppose to have access to Rivian's L-2 at each of their stations, so I guess that's still better than nothing. The Rivian install right near me though hasn't had any work done on it in months. They did all the concrete work, concrete pads for the pedestals, conduit. But that's where they stopped.

danrjones said:
Do we know where the next round of EA stations are going to be installed? I remember looking through their documentation and it had a lot of info on regional and urban but I don't know if I saw an actual list up upcoming stations?

I was thinking the other day that if only we all had access to EA, Tesla chargers and the upcoming Rivian network, travel would look a tad easier / safer in an EV.

We are suppose to have access to Rivian's L-2 at each of their stations, so I guess that's still better than nothing. The Rivian install right near me though hasn't had any work done on it in months. They did all the concrete work, concrete pads for the pedestals, conduit. But that's where they stopped.

Expect Tesla access in the USA about the time Tesla fades to black.

Musk is on a quest to be the first $trillionaire$. Making "Supercharging" accessible to the competition under any realistic terms wouldn't help that, so will not happen.

EU is different. Musk was required by the EU to use CCS on his cars. Musk is being required to allow access to the charging statins. So as few sites as possible, as slow as Musk can get away with, and as expensive and bothersome as Musk can get away with.

danrjones said:

Next round starts Jan 2023 I believe and they don't announce any definitive locations until just before (or more often after) the launch date. Most of the money is simply allocated by localities at the time so it depends on the current climate. There are restrictions in some locations as far as what the money can be spent on while other locations are quite broad

Is there now a special rate for us EA Chademo users? I charged up in Lafayette IN yesterday. .16/minute for the 1-50kWh rste. We had dinner during the charge, so even after it charged for an hour, it was only $11 for the juice. Pretty cheap for road charging.

I only needed to charge to 70%, but was too lazy to have to leave dinner to fetch the car, so the last $2 was a bit of a waste as it was at 96% when I grabbed the car.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Is there now a special rate for us EA Chademo users? I charged up in Lafayette IN yesterday. .16/minute for the 1-50kWh rste. We had dinner during the charge, so even after it charged for an hour, it was only $11 for the juice. Pretty cheap for road charging.
Do you mean 1 to 50 kW charging rate?

16 cents a minute is the standard guest and Pass rate for IN per https://www.electrifyamerica.com/pricing/ for 1 to 90 kW charging rate. It's 12 cents/minute for Pass+. It does not vary depending on connector type. This seems to be the common time based rate in the states that still have it.

Per that page, for IL, it's 43 cents per kWh for guest and Pass and 31 cents per kWh for Pass+ as it is in CA and most/all of the states where they moved to per kWh pricing.

Would be really nice if we got the bargain time-based rates that IN has. It was never even that cheap in CA when it was timed based.

DaveinOlyWA said:
danrjones said:

Next round starts Jan 2023 I believe and they don't announce any definitive locations until just before (or more often after) the launch date. Most of the money is simply allocated by localities at the time so it depends on the current climate. There are restrictions in some locations as far as what the money can be spent on while other locations are quite broad

EA's map for the third round showed approximate locations for the next round, but I imagine they're still negotiating with site owners for exact spots. They've announced and added a few new ones to the map, including Gillette, WY and Wall, SD, neither of which is currently reachable (well, maybe in a Taycan or Lucid) from an existing EA station, or in most cases any existing DCFC bar a couple of sites in those hotbeds of BEV ownership, Rapid City, SD and Cheyenne, WY :lol: Those were just single 24 kW FCs at Harley-Davidson dealerships, but there are now a couple of other single sites in Rapid City; one of them's even 50kW :D

DougWantsALeaf said:
Saw my first Rivian at an EA station today.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186TOn5DTfJ25lBdiOQvNbUBqN1Qqdzia/view?usp=drivesdk

Lafayette IN.

Call me traditional if you must but I MUCH prefer this over the cyberstein...

DougWantsALeaf said:

I only needed to charge to 70%, but was too lazy to have to leave dinner to fetch the car, so the last $2 was a bit of a waste as it was at 96% when I grabbed the car.

Nope. Per min rate same everywhere that bills by the minute. For the rest of us; we get screwed by an exorbitant kwh rate which is why I only EA as a last resort. We have a growing list that are close to the same price but faster so why settle for slow? There are occasions when its more convenient to charge to a higher SOC and spend more time charging but that situation has not come up very much (actually zero) for me so far.

Looks like this new site at Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara, CA has 14 stations. If my math is right, there are 27 CCS handles and the usual 1 CHAdeMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyNrVuYhQhA
https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/161
https://www.plugshare.com/location/344062

Gotta love the bare minimum that EA is doing for CHAdeMO.

OT, I used 4 EA sites on Saturday. One was https://www.plugshare.com/location/307948 in Rohnert Park. Too bad I forgot to take a pic. I believe it was at this site that under the Electrify America logo on the chargers, it said something like a Volkswagen Group of America company. I don't think I've ever seen that other EA sites. I wonder if this is allowed by their agreement or if it has become allowed recently.

One thing I will give EA credit for (with the sites I've used) is that they're generally locating chargers pretty well as to not get ICEd. At the above Walmart, they put the stations in a corner, far away from entrances so it didn't get ICEd. At another I used on Saturday, it fortunately wasn't ICEd at all either.

DaveinOlyWA said:
DougWantsALeaf said:

Nope. Per min rate same everywhere that bills by the minute. For the rest of us; we get screwed by an exorbitant kwh rate which is why I only EA as a last resort.

I don't know if that is true, but EA changes its pricing schemes often enough that it should be checked
https://www.electrifyamerica.com/pricing/

NM is cheap: 12¢ a minute up to 90 kW, 24¢ a minute for greater than 90 kW. This is $4/month pass plan; the a la carte is 25% higher. My charging will average about 120 kW so $4 pass a month + 12¢ a kWh

SageBrush said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
DougWantsALeaf said:

Nope. Per min rate same everywhere that bills by the minute. For the rest of us; we get screwed by an exorbitant kwh rate which is why I only EA as a last resort.

I don't know if that is true, but EA changes its pricing schemes often enough that it should be checked
https://www.electrifyamerica.com/pricing/

NM is cheap: 12¢ a minute up to 90 kW, 24¢ a minute for greater than 90 kW. This is $4/month pass plan; the a la carte is 25% higher. My charging will average about 120 kW so $4 pass a month + 12¢ a kWh
It hasn't changed for CA and WA once EA began per kWh billing in some states. It is still 43 cents per kWh for guests and Pass or 31 cents per kWh for Pass+ for both states.

Of course, for time based states, like TX and NM, it is still the bargain of 16 cents/minute for guests and Pass and 12 cents/minute for Pass+ for up to 90 kW charging speeds. When CA was time based, it was 18 cents/minute for Pass+.

Apparently, I posted about all of this before over a year ago:
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=590253#p590253
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=590240#p590240

Two sites have opened: A second site (no details of chargers yet, but photos show 4, so probably 3 CCS/1 DS with one or more 350kW) in Lacey, WA. @
QFC
4775 Whitman Ln SE,
Lacey, WA 98513, USA

and

Motel 6
1819 Auburn Ravine Rd,
Auburn, CA 95603, USA

This is also 4 chargers. The EA app shows 2 x 350kW, 2 x 150kW CCS, and NO CHAdeMO. Not sure if that's accurate, as IIRR they were only allowed to skip CHAdeMO on installs starting in 2022.

GRA said:
Two sites have opened: A second site (no details of chargers yet, but photos show 4, so probably 3 CCS/1 DS with one or more 350kW) in Lacey, WA. @
QFC
4775 Whitman Ln SE,
Lacey, WA 98513, USA

and

Motel 6
1819 Auburn Ravine Rd,
Auburn, CA 95603, USA

This is also 4 chargers. The EA app shows 2 x 350kW, 2 x 150kW CCS, and NO CHAdeMO. Not sure if that's accurate, as IIRR they were only allowed to skip CHAdeMO on installs starting in 2022.

Actually 3 open, one pending (the 350)

Back