GRA

Re: Electrify America Network

DougWantsALeaf wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:18 am Any of the new ones have a Chademo? Green Bay has only Tesla chargers currently.
No idea as "Coming soon" sites never list what they'll have, but I'd guess not, as starting this year EA no longer has to provide them.

They need one in Wausau as well, so Packers/Vikings fans can drive to away games the same as Packers/Bears fans will be able to (but see the ID.4 topic for northern winter range issues).
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.
cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Wow, if https://www.plugshare.com/location/355949 at UC Davis is correct, then this will be an EA site that actually has an even ratio of CHAdeMO vs. CCS. It supposedly is a lone charger with 1 CCS and 1 CHAdeMO.

'22 Niro EV
'19 Bolt Premier (bought back by GM)
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
GRA

cwerdna wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:08 pm Wow, if https://www.plugshare.com/location/355949 at UC Davis is correct, then this will be an EA site that actually has an even ratio of CHAdeMO vs. CCS. It supposedly is a lone charger with 1 CCS and 1 CHAdeMO.

Nope. Look at the very first photo:

Subsequent pics show this is the only charger there. For another new 'network', see the "Montana Dept. of Environmental Quality " topic:
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33008
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

(Facepalm) Argh. You are right. So it's an example of only 2 CCS at a lone EA charger. The Plugshare entry was wrong. :(

I wonder if CARB is ok w/this?

'22 Niro EV
'19 Bolt Premier (bought back by GM)
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

cwerdna wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:50 pm (Facepalm) Argh. You are right. So it's an example of only 2 CCS at a lone EA charger. The Plugshare entry was wrong. :(
App shows one CCS-Chademo unit and two 150kW CCS dual units, and one 150kW unit CCS single cable.

Here are the other stations for this location. I think.:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Elect ... gIgARICCAI

I've never seen a split like this.

edit. No, I'm wrong. there are four units at the google link above.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red (Sold)
2019 eTron Blue
GRA

WetEV wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:00 pm
cwerdna wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:50 pm (Facepalm) Argh. You are right. So it's an example of only 2 CCS at a lone EA charger. The Plugshare entry was wrong. :(
App shows one CCS-Chademo unit and two 150kW CCS dual units, and one 150kW unit CCS single cable.

Here are the other stations for this location. I think.:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Elect ... gIgARICCAI

I've never seen a split like this.

edit. No, I'm wrong. there are four units at the google link above.

That's a different site. There are two EA stations in Davis: the one at BoA you link above, and the one at UC Davis, which cwerdna is referring to.

GRA

The Electrify America charging station at 7004 Market Place Drive, Goleta, California 93117 has opened.

danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

GRA wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:56 pm The Electrify America charging station at 7004 Market Place Drive, Goleta, California 93117 has opened.
And Essex CA still sits unopened. I swear its been like that for more than a year. Actually, the first photos were from Nov 2020.

What the Duck??
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19
GRA

The Electrify America charging station has opened at 1465 MAIN ST, Watsonville, California 95076.

For those who don't know, Watsonville is on S.R. 1 between Santa Cruz and Monterey.

Re Essex/Fenner, I think Poulsbo, WA has been hanging fire about as long.

larryleaf
Delivery Date: 06 Feb 2022

I have just joined this forum. We are on our third Leaf. Leased a 2011 then a 2015 and now have a 2019 (40 KW battery) which I plan on purchasing at end of lease. I thought I understood how fast charging worked but please someone explain this to me. We stopped at a 50 kWh Electrify America Fast Charger as it was 24 degrees out and needed to charge to get home and since the chargers were in a supermarket parking lot we started charging and went inside to do some shopping. When we came back to the car per the charging station we put 33 kWh into the battery at $.43 KWh for a cost of $14.19. But we started with 18 kWh or 45% of battery capacity. Based on my calculations the most we could have charged to full was 22 kWh's.

Is there that much transmission loss between the charging station and the battery? I could see 5 or 10% difference but it was more like 40%. The care wasn't even at 100% with 33 kWh of electricity that I paid for.

I'm no engineer. Could someone please explain the discrepancy.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”