sirocco
Delivery Date: 23 Dec 2014

Re: BareEVSE - an EVSE circuit for under $5

Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:08 am

Ingineer wrote: When we upgrade an EVSE going to Europe or areas known to have isolated grounds/earths, we disable the ground verification system. In the US it's required.

-Phil
@Phil,
Is this the reason why Japanese version of this Panasonic EVSE (200V version) is lacking two diodes and a resistor above the fuse?
I have not seen the insides of the European version.

And the second question - do you disable the ground check in the firmware or it's a hardware modification?

Cheers,

jstack6
Delivery Date: 28 Sep 2012

Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:07 pm

BetterLEAF, Nice work and information on the J-1772 protocol.

We found many of the LEAF vehicles were picky and would not work with the TucsonEVSE unit. It worked on FORD Focus EV, Some Older LEAF and the New SOUL EV but not most LEAF vehicles. We were told Nissan made their system safer and it needs the real J-1772 signals in order and at the right levels. We don't know why all the other vehicles worked with it but as you noted many are no compliant. http://www.tucsonev.com/TucsonEV-SE.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So be aware your little circuit may not work on some LEAF or other more compliant vehicles. The LEAF is the only one we have seen the failure on when we do testing. Using a scope I think the vehicle connected voltage is too low.

I made a free website with some EVSE test results. http://www.EVSEinfo.webs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eGolfBalls
Delivery Date: 19 Jun 2017

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks OP!

This minimalistic circuit is great, and it does work on eGolf with minor change--qty.2 of OpAmps are replaced with an optocoupler ;-)

Not sure if this thread is still alive, if anyone needs schematics let me know.

IR photo was done about 1-hr into operation at 17C environment/30-Amp load. Top-power supply, top-left NE555 oscillator + opto, 40-amp contactor at the bottom.

Cheers!

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”