WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Re: Electrify America Network

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:48 am

1028 State Hwy 156
Santa Rosa, NM 88435
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

GRA

Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:57 pm

^^^ https://images.app.goo.gl/WbGs4a51GKPFyXw79

Not yet showing on EA's map but Plugshare has it, so I've updated the list. Unfortunately, Gallup, NM is currently under repair, with at least one stranding reported on Plugshare.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

WetEV

Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:50 am

501 Willow Ln
Greenville, AL 36037

And a mystery station. A blank notification.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

GRA

Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:29 pm

Yeah, current totals are 452/104, (and 451/105 yesterday, when the totals should have both been one lower). They must have added a couple of new "Coming soon" sites as well. List updated.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Has there been any word of EA putting more chargers along I-40?

Not that it matters for my current 2018 Leaf, but for my next EV I'd like to maybe be able to visit my parents and I need to traverse I-40 to Flagstaff.
But there is a huge gap there - EA really needs two charger sets, one around Chambless CA and another in Kingman,

Any word on those? Phase II or whatever they are moving toward next?
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

GRA

Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:09 pm

I-40 between Barstow and Flagstaff wasn't part of the Cycle 1 network. I agree that the gap needs to be closed, if for no other reason than to allow Californians to reach the South Rim of the Grand Canyon without having to detour via Phoenix (once Quartzsite and Dateland finally open). I've also been "suggesting" (nagging) them about the need to complete I-80 from Elko to SLC, which was part of Cycle 1. You might want to do likewise re I-40 for Cycle 3: https://www.electrifyamerica.com/submissions/

You can tell them about your parents, and I'll push Grand Canyon!

Update: just sent them a long email about the need to provide access to national parks and other outdoor recreation areas including G.C., and the need to complete I-40.

danrjones

Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:38 pm

Good idea.

You said for cycle 3. Do we know what's coming in cycle 2 yet?

GRA

Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:18 pm

https://www.electrifyamerica.com/our-plan/

Scroll down a bit to see the Cycle 2 national, California and California errata links. While cycle 2 runs through Dec. 2021, I suspect the money's been allocated already, so I don't expect much if any change will be possible.

danrjones

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:36 am

GRA wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:18 pm
https://www.electrifyamerica.com/our-plan/

Scroll down a bit to see the Cycle 2 national, California and California errata links. While cycle 2 runs through Dec. 2021, I suspect the money's been allocated already, so I don't expect much if any change will be possible.
I read through the cycle 2 plan, and it sadly does not have specific locations, but I noted Table 8 does show I-40 in CA as being on the plan for phase 2 Investment, so maybe that's basically what I was looking for. But I did not see anything in the National plan for I-40 in AZ, so I still need that piece if I upgrade to a Bolt or Kona or whatever. One station in CA section will not be enough, we really need one in Kingman if I want to reach the Grand Canyon or Flagstaff.

Speaking of that, aside from the lawsuit Rivian is facing, has there been any word on their adventure network? I was under the impression they are doing CCS but targeting "other" locations, such as things like the Grand canyon, Yosemite, maybe Sequoia, etc? Any word though on whether it will be open to all (for a fee of course) or it will be Rivian only?

WetEV

Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 am

danrjones wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:36 am
Speaking of that, aside from the lawsuit Rivian is facing, has there been any word on their adventure network? I was under the impression they are doing CCS but targeting "other" locations, such as things like the Grand canyon, Yosemite, maybe Sequoia, etc? Any word though on whether it will be open to all (for a fee of course) or it will be Rivian only?
Most of the cost of a charging station is fixed. Site, power access, demand charges.

The more charges, the lower the cost per charge. The lower the cost, the lower the price can be and still have a profit. The lower the price, the higher the demand. This is a "natural monopoly".

For a tiny player to do a "our cars only" is pointless.
WetEV
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”