DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15064
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Electrify America Network

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:23 am

cwerdna wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:01 am
Received email this morning:
Your Electrify America Pass Plus fee waiver expires September 8, 2020.
...
Dear (my name was here),

Make sure you’re in the driver's seat when it comes to your Electrify America Pass+ membership. Monthly fees have been waived for Electrify America Pass+ members since March 25, 2020, and they will be reinstated starting September 8, 2020.

Find out your next billing date in your app by navigating to the Profile icon in top right-hand corner of map and selecting “Billing details.”
When you are ready to hit the road again, we’ll be here for you.

Questions? Contact us 24 hours a day at 1-833-632-2778.
OR... you can be like me and not have signed up for Pass Plus before March and have been paying all along... WITH slower charging rates as well

On the flipside; EVgo has announced COVID Care rates good to the end of the year.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 13,705 mi, 93.41% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cwerdna
Posts: 11151
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Electrify America Network

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:46 am

^^^
Thanks for confirming how that worked. I signed up on March 16th for Pass+, which was around the day we got SIP orders and when I could no longer go to work in the office (free L2 charging at work). So, I paid the $4 that one initial time.

I had no idea they'd be waiving Pass+ fees until the announcement and for how long. It's up in the air whether I'll switch back to Pass. I've so far only used EA twice, so far. Excluding the $4/mo fee, DC FCing on EA at 18 cents/minute (Pass+ price) while below 55% SoC on my Bolt and not too cold a battery is much cheaper than charging at home for me.

But, that's still more $ than free https://drivethearc.com/ (not at the most convenient locations for me and sometimes, the eligible DC FCs are down).

I've considered that EVgo discount (https://insideevs.com/news/405612/evgo- ... s-covid19/) but don't feel great about asking for it, so I haven't. I don't drive for work and haven't had any significant financial hardship due to COVID-19. I'm a salaried worker, still have my job and my pay's unchanged. EVgo's pricing (member and non-member) here w/o the hardship discount are pretty pricey thus I've never paid for EVgo charging yet.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15064
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Electrify America Network

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:27 pm

cwerdna wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:46 am
^^^
Thanks for confirming how that worked. I signed up on March 16th for Pass+, which was around the day we got SIP orders and when I could no longer go to work in the office (free L2 charging at work). So, I paid the $4 that one initial time.

I had no idea they'd be waiving Pass+ fees until the announcement and for how long. It's up in the air whether I'll switch back to Pass. I've so far only used EA twice, so far. Excluding the $4/mo fee, DC FCing on EA at 18 cents/minute (Pass+ price) while below 55% SoC on my Bolt and not too cold a battery is much cheaper than charging at home for me.

But, that's still more $ than free https://drivethearc.com/ (not at the most convenient locations for me and sometimes, the eligible DC FCs are down).

I've considered that EVgo discount (https://insideevs.com/news/405612/evgo- ... s-covid19/) but don't feel great about asking for it, so I haven't. I don't drive for work and haven't had any significant financial hardship due to COVID-19. I'm a salaried worker, still have my job and my pay's unchanged. EVgo's pricing (member and non-member) here w/o the hardship discount are pretty pricey thus I've never paid for EVgo charging yet.
Well, EVgo's wording is VERY general and I read it as an excuse to boost business by offering the discount. Were you not charging at work for free? Now that isn't available so this is a COVID caused hardship in my book.

"I" not only was not affected negatively but actually profited quite a bit and that was still acceptable to them. If you read it "very" literally, it would be nearly impossible not to qualify. Although I will say your ability to pull more than 47ish kwh on EA verses EVgo should also be included.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 13,705 mi, 93.41% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cwerdna
Posts: 11151
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Electrify America Network

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:51 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:27 pm
cwerdna wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:46 am
I've considered that EVgo discount (https://insideevs.com/news/405612/evgo- ... s-covid19/) but don't feel great about asking for it, so I haven't. I don't drive for work and haven't had any significant financial hardship due to COVID-19. I'm a salaried worker, still have my job and my pay's unchanged. EVgo's pricing (member and non-member) here w/o the hardship discount are pretty pricey thus I've never paid for EVgo charging yet.
Well, EVgo's wording is VERY general and I read it as an excuse to boost business by offering the discount. Were you not charging at work for free? Now that isn't available so this is a COVID caused hardship in my book.

"I" not only was not affected negatively but actually profited quite a bit and that was still acceptable to them. If you read it "very" literally, it would be nearly impossible not to qualify. Although I will say your ability to pull more than 47ish kwh on EA verses EVgo should also be included.
Hmmm, I'd only seen the verbiage at https://twitter.com/evgonetwork/status/ ... 08385?s=20.

Yeah, I was getting free L2 juice at work + free lunch, free snacks, free coffee + other beverages and not having to worry about my utility bills skyrocketing when I hit winter (will almost certainly be WFH until next year)... Hardships? Hmmm....

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GRA
Posts: 12279
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Electrify America Network

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:44 pm

WetEV wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:23 am
3350 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110

List updated. Current totals 453/103.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 2095
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: Electrify America Network

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:29 pm

My Lincolnwood IL stop was also capped at 45kW. So much for having 200 amp charging readily available.

I dont DC charge very often, so it really doesn't matter to too much, but it is a shame. Maybe the EA chademos won't break down as often now. I certainly will be unlikely to use EA anymore unless absolutely needed.

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_pe ... IxMA%3D%3D
2019 S Plus (98.06% SOH) & 2019 SV Plus (94.77% SOH) Both Silver
2013 Leaf SV sold 2019 with 11 bars
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max Miles on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max Miles on 19 SV+: 242 Highway miles @ 4.5 miles/kWh

GetOffYourGas
Posts: 2100
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:56 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Electrify America Network

Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:20 am

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:27 pm
Well, EVgo's wording is VERY general and I read it as an excuse to boost business by offering the discount. Were you not charging at work for free? Now that isn't available so this is a COVID caused hardship in my book.

"I" not only was not affected negatively but actually profited quite a bit and that was still acceptable to them. If you read it "very" literally, it would be nearly impossible not to qualify. Although I will say your ability to pull more than 47ish kwh on EA verses EVgo should also be included.
Inconvenience and a slight cost increase (remember, EV charging at home is still cheaper than gas) is not the same as hardship. This is along the same lines as those claiming that wearing a mask is denying them their rights, and an effort by the government to control people.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

cwerdna
Posts: 11151
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Electrify America Network

Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:43 am

GetOffYourGas wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:20 am
Inconvenience and a slight cost increase (remember, EV charging at home is still cheaper than gas) is not the same as hardship.
Re: bolded part, not really. I no longer have an ICEV but when I tracked lifetime mileage of my former Prius, it was around 44 mpg. A gas station I used to frequent is just under $3/gal now. If I paid $3/gal and only got 40 mpg, that'd be 7.5 cents/mile.

Currently, because I have to WFH and changed out of a TOU plan that would've killed me given I work during the day (w/horrific rates except in the middle of the night) an that I'm being pushed to tier 2 due to WFH, my marginal cost to charge an EV at home (I can only charge at L1) is about 31 cents/kWh. If I manged 4 miles/kWh including charging losses, that's 7.75 cents/mile. If I had a more realistic 3.5 miles/kWh, it'd be 8.85 cents/mile and that probably won't be possible in winter w/my Bolt w/its power pig heater.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Semmm
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:54 am
Delivery Date: 08 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 008603
Location: SC, Columbia
Contact: Website

Re: Electrify America Network

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:27 am

cwerdna wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:43 am
GetOffYourGas wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:20 am
Inconvenience and a slight cost increase (remember, EV charging at home is still cheaper than gas) is not the same as hardship.
Re: bolded part, not really. I no longer have an ICEV but when I tracked lifetime mileage of my former Prius, it was around 44 mpg. A gas station I used to frequent is just under $3/gal now. If I paid $3/gal and only got 40 mpg, that'd be 7.5 cents/mile.

Currently, because I have to WFH and changed out of a TOU plan that would've killed me given I work during the day (w/horrific rates except in the middle of the night) an that I'm being pushed to tier 2 due to WFH, my marginal cost to charge an EV at home (I can only charge at L1) is about 31 cents/kWh. If I manged 4 miles/kWh including charging losses, that's 7.75 cents/mile. If I had a more realistic 3.5 miles/kWh, it'd be 8.85 cents/mile and that probably won't be possible in winter w/my Bolt w/its power pig heater.
I have the same situation, when i bought my leaf,I had thought that i would save same money on it's service and gas, and than, I got that expenses are the same, off course its good for nature, but it's makes me disappointed a little bit :(
the best car shipping

GetOffYourGas
Posts: 2100
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:56 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Electrify America Network

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:27 am

cwerdna wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:43 am
GetOffYourGas wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:20 am
Inconvenience and a slight cost increase (remember, EV charging at home is still cheaper than gas) is not the same as hardship.
Re: bolded part, not really. I no longer have an ICEV but when I tracked lifetime mileage of my former Prius, it was around 44 mpg. A gas station I used to frequent is just under $3/gal now. If I paid $3/gal and only got 40 mpg, that'd be 7.5 cents/mile.

Currently, because I have to WFH and changed out of a TOU plan that would've killed me given I work during the day (w/horrific rates except in the middle of the night) an that I'm being pushed to tier 2 due to WFH, my marginal cost to charge an EV at home (I can only charge at L1) is about 31 cents/kWh. If I manged 4 miles/kWh including charging losses, that's 7.75 cents/mile. If I had a more realistic 3.5 miles/kWh, it'd be 8.85 cents/mile and that probably won't be possible in winter w/my Bolt w/its power pig heater.
So what you're saying is that you have a pretty extreme edge case and are an exception to the rule. Fair enough. I'm still not sure that paying 8.85 cents/mile qualifies as a "hardship".

I'm in a similar situation - I got "free" charging at work (technically I pay a flat $12/mo, but my company hasn't waived that for the pandemic, so I'm still paying while I WFH). Meanwhile, my home electric usage is higher than it has ever been. I'm charging two EVs from home and running the A/C all day since the family is all home. Although I pay about the national average - $0.12/kWh. Gas is down around $2/gallon. 40MPG at $2/gal is 5 cents/mile. 4 miles/kWh at $0.12/kWh is only 3 cents/mile. Plus I'm driving fewer miles to begin with (no commuting).
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”