Page 79 of 115

Re: Electrify America Network

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:24 pm
by GRA
paulgipe wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:08 pm
Guy,

Let me ponder that. It's too much for this piece, but possible in another piece.

We were traveling for almost a month and we come back and nothing has happened on the stations that I am following. They are still not active and EV Connect still hasn't started construction on theirs.

Paul

Paul, a lot has been happening, but it involves fire precautions and repair rather than transformer installations :cry: The closest EA station to me has been sitting untouched for a month or so, complete like many others you're watching except for an empty transformer pad.


Update: OTOH, two sites have opened, making 13 for the month and 315 total: Bakersfield, CA (S.R. 99 ex. 25); Miami, FL #2 (Urb., Jct. U.S. 1/S.R. 94).

Is that the sound of moderate celebration I hear at the Gipe household? ;)

Re: Electrify America Network

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:32 pm
by danrjones
GRA wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:24 pm
paulgipe wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:08 pm
Guy,

Let me ponder that. It's too much for this piece, but possible in another piece.

We were traveling for almost a month and we come back and nothing has happened on the stations that I am following. They are still not active and EV Connect still hasn't started construction on theirs.

Paul

Paul, a lot has been happening, but it involves fire precautions and repair rather than transformer installations :cry: The closest EA station to me has been sitting untouched for a month or so, complete like many others you're watching except for an empty transformer pad.
Same here along 395 in eastern CA. Whole lot of sitting around waiting.

Re: Electrify America Network

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:45 pm
by GRA
^^^ See update to my preceding post.

Re: Electrify America Network

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:54 pm
by coulomb
GRA wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:22 pm
VW says their MEB cars will have max. rates of 125kW, which seems problematic given the biggest battery pack sizes they've announced (77 kW usable out of 82 kW total), but if they want to warranty the packs and the average charge rate is high throughout, great.
Did you mean 77 kWh usable out of 82 kWh total?

Re: Electrify America Network

Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:59 pm
by GRA
coulomb wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:54 pm
GRA wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:22 pm
VW says their MEB cars will have max. rates of 125kW, which seems problematic given the biggest battery pack sizes they've announced (77 kW usable out of 82 kW total), but if they want to warranty the packs and the average charge rate is high throughout, great.
Did you mean 77 kWh usable out of 82 kWh total?

Yup. cwerdna must be gnashing his teeth at you beating him to the punch. :lol: I've fixed it.

Re: Electrify America Network

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:33 am
by paulgipe
danrjones wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:32 pm
GRA wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:24 pm
paulgipe wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:08 pm
Guy,

Let me ponder that. It's too much for this piece, but possible in another piece.

We were traveling for almost a month and we come back and nothing has happened on the stations that I am following. They are still not active and EV Connect still hasn't started construction on theirs.

Paul

Paul, a lot has been happening, but it involves fire precautions and repair rather than transformer installations :cry: The closest EA station to me has been sitting untouched for a month or so, complete like many others you're watching except for an empty transformer pad.
Same here along 395 in eastern CA. Whole lot of sitting around waiting.
EA is reporting that their station at Panera Bread in Bakersfield is now live. No one has confirmed it, and I haven't been there--maybe today. ;) What's it been? Three months?

Paul

Re: Electrify America Network

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:54 am
by WetEV
3600 W. McFadden Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92704

Plugshare doesn't show it yet, but this seems to take a few hours.

Re: Electrify America Network

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:46 am
by WetEV
450 NW 257th Way
Troutdale, OR 97060

Seems to have been working for a few days, according to check ins on Plugshare.

Re: Electrify America Network

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:06 pm
by GRA
Three sites have opened, making 16 for the month and 318 total: As Wet EV noted, Troutdale, OR (Urb., I-84 ex. 17); Santa Ana, CA (Urb., I-5 ex. 103A/B to ex. 107A/B, or I-405 ex. 11A/B to ex. 18); plus Franklin, TN (I-65 ex. 67 or 68A/B).

Re: Electrify America Network

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:32 pm
by GRA
GetOffYourGas wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:10 am
Hopefully Blythe and not Quartzsite. Having been to both towns, I would much rather spent 30-60 minutes at a restaurant in Blythe than 30-60 minutes in Quartzsite talking to a guy with a folding table trying to sell me rocks that he picked up off the ground.

Looks like you'll be fending off the rock seller. A "Coming Soon" site has now appeared on the map in Quartzsite, at Love's Travel.