dealer DCFC only works when car is off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialgreen

I needed a charge, and stopped at Morrie's Nissan Brooklyn Park (MN). The DCFC was an odd design, about the size of a doghouse. It had a little tin "mailbox" on the side in which to stow the charging connector.

Thankfully, it fired up. Once it was going, I hit the car's Power button twice to get the heater going... and the DCFC quit charging with an error. I repeated the process, and it again quit as soon as I started the car's heater. I had to leave the car completely off to charge. It was about -20F out, so that was not pleasant at all. I quit charging as soon as I thought I had enough to limp home. No "good design" biscuit for whoever made that!

FYI, charging speed was in the high teens (18kw?). It would be nice if I could tell the Leaf to run the battery heater while charging overnight. Right now, I start the day with 2 bars. If I could get battery temp up to 6 bars before I leave home, I think it would probably still have 4 or 5 bars when I need a DCFC .

That's good you were getting 18kw.
I have had mine charge at less than 5kw with my home DCFC when I was showing 2 battery temp bars.
I did not have leaf spy at the time so I don't know what the batt temp actually was.

Back