EVSE Leaf 2014 - 16A

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krox

Is it possible or not to remake EVSE so that the bodice is charged with current 16A? And not 12A.

The folks at EVSEupgrade can upgrade the '14 OEM to not only 16a but 20a but they replace parts within the EVSE, making it adjustable as well. I've heard of DIY upgrades allowing 240v @ 12a for our N. American Leafs(ours are normally only 120v) but living your side of the pond I'd imagine your EVSE already works on 220v, you're just trying to up the current, which again I'm not sure you can easily do.

This can be done by updating the firmware EVSE. What is the processor in EVSE? I'm talking about the American EVSE.

Actually the easiest way to get 16 amp charging is get a $160 duosida evse.
Unless you have convenient public charging you should probably have in your possession 2 evse units because they do like to quit working occasionally.
Plus how much would it cost to have the car towed, have the dealer diagnose a bad evse and sell you a dealer priced evse?

Not. I am interested in alteration (modernization) of the factory unit EVSE, for a current of 16A.

Back