Travel charger fault

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gschettl

jordan minnesota 55352 (Minneapolis suburb)
My 2012 LEAF OEM travel charge cord failed today. Fault code blinks six times. It faults before I even plug into the car. I believe the fault occurred a few minutes into a charge session. It was upgraded to adapt to both level 1 & level 2 charging years ago by EVSEupgrade.com, however they are no longer in this business so I can't ask them. I have tried multiple L1 & L2 outlets and get same fault pattern. Does anybody know what 6 fault blinks means just in case it's an easy fix? Does anybody have a Nissan Brand level 1&2 travel charger they are willing to sell?

I have the portable (but quite big) L1/L2 charger that came with my 2020. I don't use it or carry it around because I already have an L2 at the house and only wanted an portable L1 to carry with me (because it is physical so much smaller).

If you decide you can't fix the one you have or it will cost too much to fix, this is basically what I can sell to you.

(Not at that price of course)
https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan_2020_Leaf/Portable-Charge-Cable-120V240V-Evse/79577769/296M1-5SA0A.html

gschettl said:
I'm not very Forum savvy but I'd be willing to pay $175 + shipping for a used unit like that. I can buy one for $275 new. Let me know if that interests you. Gary

If you can buy the Nissan OEM EVSE for $275 new, then go with that. I've never seen the L1/L2 Nissan OEM EVSE for that cheap, even used on e-bay, but I haven't been really hitting the web hard to find any deals either. :lol:

knightmb said:
gschettl said:
I'm not very Forum savvy but I'd be willing to pay $175 + shipping for a used unit like that. I can buy one for $275 new. Let me know if that interests you. Gary

If you can buy the Nissan OEM EVSE for $275 new, then go with that. I've never seen the L1/L2 Nissan OEM EVSE for that cheap, even used on e-bay, but I haven't been really hitting the web hard to find any deals either. :lol:

I got lucky on ebay back in September 2019 and bought a brand new Nissan OEM 120/240v L1/L2 EVSE for only $206. With shipping it was $225.95. I installed it in the barn/shed at my vacation cabin.

Then when my 2019 was totaled I kept the 120/240v EVSE from it as a spare. Then I bought a new 2020:Sl+ and it came with another. When it rains it pours.

Back