DaveEV
Forum Supporter

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Quick Chargers Getting them sooner

Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:32 pm

GRA wrote:until someone from here confirms that, I'll assume it's an error and there's only a single dual-standard QC.
The pics on PlugShare show two different QC stations.

eVgo has been installing two dual-head QCs at numerous locations in California.

IIRC these stations are BTC Power QC stations. eVgo has now deployed at least 3 different kinds of QC stations:

1. Nissan CHAdeMO
2. ABB Terra 53 CHAdeMO and CHAdeMO / SAE Combo
3. BTC Power CHAdeMO / SAE Combo

GRA

Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:56 pm

drees wrote:
GRA wrote:until someone from here confirms that, I'll assume it's an error and there's only a single dual-standard QC.
The pics on PlugShare show two different QC stations.

eVgo has been installing two dual-head QCs at numerous locations in California.

IIRC these stations are BTC Power QC stations. eVgo has now deployed at least 3 different kinds of QC stations:

1. Nissan CHAdeMO
2. ABB Terra 53 CHAdeMO and CHAdeMO / SAE Combo
3. BTC Power CHAdeMO / SAE Combo
I looked at all the photos before posting, and all I saw were the single dual-standard QC, plus two SemaConnect L2s near the Tesla Superchargers. Which # photos show two different dual-standard QCs?
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

DaveEV
Forum Supporter

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:56 pm

GRA wrote:I looked at all the photos before posting, and all I saw were the single dual-standard QC, plus two SemaConnect L2s near the Tesla Superchargers. Which # photos show two different dual-standard QCs?
The first two pics - you have to look closely at the curbs and shadows to tell they are installed in different locations.

GRA

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:10 pm

drees wrote:
GRA wrote:I looked at all the photos before posting, and all I saw were the single dual-standard QC, plus two SemaConnect L2s near the Tesla Superchargers. Which # photos show two different dual-standard QCs?
The first two pics - you have to look closely at the curbs and shadows to tell they are installed in different locations.
Gotcha. Good eye. I thought the shadows were ambiguous, and could just reflect different exposures with/without cloud, but there's no doubt about the curbs - one QC is in the middle of a straight run and behind the curb, and the other's turned sideways and in front of the curb.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GRA

Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Via ievs:
EVgo Launches Freedom Station With 4 Multi-Standard Fast Chargers
http://insideevs.com/evgo-launches-free ... -chargers/
EVgo recently installed its 100th Freedom Station in California. The site, at Lucky Supermarkets [GRA: in Fremont], is the largest site in the U.S. (among public networks) with 4 multi-standard DC fast chargers (50 kW each).

The station is also future-proof with spots for another 4 chargers and capability to raise power to 150 kW.
About time someone besides Tesla started to do this.

GRA

Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Via ievs:
EVgo recently installed its 100th Freedom Station in California. The site, at Lucky Supermarkets [GRA: in Fremont], is the largest site in the U.S. (among public networks) with 4 multi-standard DC fast chargers (50 kW each).

The station is also future-proof with spots for another 4 chargers and capability to raise power to 150 kW.

Tyger
Delivery Date: 05 Oct 2015
Leaf Number: 313717

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:03 pm

GRA wrote:Via ievs:

I was watching reports of that station being installed going into Plugshare and was quite happy to see that. The Whole Foods down the street is always packed during peak times, sometimes with multiple cars waiting (And EV drivers parking in the handicapped spots because they are next to the chargers).

ElectricVehicle
Delivery Date: 18 Jul 2011

Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 pm

Sooooo much has happened since starting this thread! I remember getting my LEAF and paying for the CHAdeMO port. It was over 6 months before we had a publicly available charger. Now look where we are! Yowzer!

And there is so much more coming!
Blue Nissan Leaf SL+QC rsrvd 4/21/10 order 11/24/10 delivered 5/29/11 (Apr May Jun Jul Jun May Jun) Polar Bear Hug 12/11/2010
1999 Green GM EV1, 7.2kW Solar Electric (PV); 2002 RAV4 EV; Carbon Neutral since 2010
It's time to LEAF! LEAF Oil behind!

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:35 pm

A four-x ~50 kW (?) charge site is shown by Plugshare on HWY 50 at El Dorado Hills, and a two-x ~50 kW (?) site on 80 at Auburn.

50 still needs another DC site further east, and 80 could really use one, but the Tahoe trip in a LEAF is finally getting close to being a practical reality.
no condition is permanent

electromotive
Delivery Date: 16 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 003243

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:15 pm

I can confirm the four charging stations at the Raley's supermarket in El Dorado Hills, California.
nrg/EVgo. Not inexpensive. Crowded parking area.
I cannot fathom why there. Like the Serrano crowd can't make it home to charge?

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”