Page 2 of 41

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:38 pm
by Gonewild
To follow up I would be like you mad as HELL. I would consider walking away.

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:40 pm
by LEAFfan
Gonewild wrote:Well I am sorry you are having these problems. I am glad that I am getting my charger, what brand I am not sure. But the tax man is paying.
The brand is Blink. :)

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:25 pm
by Jimmydreams
Gonewild wrote:Well I am sorry you are having these problems. I am glad that I am getting my charger, what brand I am not sure. But the tax man is paying.

After reviewing my taxes from last year, you're welcome.

:lol:

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:31 pm
by bradford
has anyone had an online chat with nissan discribing this gouging :?: :?:
i would think that if they knew about it, nissan would straighten it out :!:
i don't get my leaf til fall 2011, so i sure hope it's resolved by then. :?

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:48 pm
by mitch672
bradford wrote:has anyone had an online chat with nissan discribing this gouging :?: :?:
i would think that if they knew about it, nissan would straighten it out :!:
i don't get my leaf til fall 2011, so i sure hope it's resolved by then. :?
bradford,

I am in the same boat as you (fall/winter 2011 delivery in Boston), no worries, by fall of 2011, there will be SO many EVSE choices, it will be a "buyers" market, and they will be HEAVILY discounted by then. The Leviton, will be out, AV will likely be selling theirs by itself, and there will be several other choices by then as well. It's really just an issue for the "early early" adopters, us unfortunates in the non initial roll out states will likely be getting the 2012 Leaf and will benifet from the experiences of the "real early" adopters of CA, AZ, TN, etc.

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:11 am
by smkettner
I have been waiting for my quote since July 5th. I doubt I will buy through them as my house is prewired. I need a corded model or I will add a cord to what is available.

Are there any click and buy sources yet for these chargers? I see at least four brands that will compete but no real availability or prices yet.
I see Aerovironment, GE, Leviton, and Coulomb.... any others?

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:05 am
by Dav
Clipper Creek - available but very expensive.
All the others, future availability. No way to order, prices not certain, availability not certain.

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:39 am
by EVDRIVER
Be patient everyone, the prices will drop soon and fast. AV will likely learn that this is not the big money grab they thought and they are far too top heavy to be competitive in this market. Look at their businesses carefully and it will all make sense. This was all put in place to insure a smooth launch for Nissan, I bet AV and those that signed up to be installers thought this would be a great way to make a quick buck on "the next new thing" but any contractor knows that this is a money pit for installers because there are too many parties involved to be competitive. This is a decent model for regional and small electrical outfits to sell and install these units at a reasonable cost and to make a reasonable profit. It is no different than installing an outlet, just an expensive one. If it were not for Nissan and the government program push for this then it would be very simple. This will all fade away rapidly as local installers start selling and installing them and savvy home owners buy them and install themselves. Don't expect a long wait for this either:) Many will wonder why they spent so much on this and some may or buy their own this year for the deduction and save big bucks.

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:28 pm
by storeman86
I just got my quote back from AV for a garage installed wall mounted charger. I was informed AV charges a fixed price for the easy installs then goes up from there. My was an easy install. I have a 50Amp 220v plug already installed when the house was built just for the EV charger station. So I am being charged $1,199.90 to install 2 bolts and plug in the unit, plus $150 for a permit not need because it's plugged in therefore it's an appliance by my city building Dept. Permits were previously made for the plug when the house was built. Then $49.95 for shipping, $721.12 for the wall unit and $70.31 for California sales tax.

:D Seems to me the 32A 220v plug-in Leviton unit is going to be a much better deal. I'm just waiting for Leviton to publish there plug-in price.

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:33 pm
by EVDRIVER
storeman86 wrote:I just got my quote back from AV for a garage installed wall mounted charger. I was informed AV charges a fixed price for the easy installs then goes up from there. My was an easy install. I have a 50Amp 220v plug already installed when the house was built just for the EV charger station. So I am being charged $1,199.90 to install 2 bolts and plug in the unit, plus $150 for a permit not need because it's plugged in therefore it's an appliance by my city building Dept. Permits were previously made for the plug when the house was built. Then $49.95 for shipping, $721.12 for the wall unit and $70.31 for California sales tax.

:D Seems to me the 32A 220v plug-in Leviton unit is going to be a much better deal. I'm just waiting for Leviton to publish there plug-in price.

It seems AV is going to need to clue in quickly or loose quite a bit of business. From day one I never thought "labor" was actual labor but more like "margin" disguised as labor. They know about this but are ignoring it to see if it sticks. WE need an AV "group buy", LOL.