Boomer23 wrote:My dashboard is now open to order my Aerovironment EVSE.
Not sure what I'm doing yet. Still learning about SCE (my utility) and the second meter option and trying to calculate which TOU EV charging rate schedule will be best for me.
I did click through the purchase process to verify that indeed the $100 that I already paid is deducted from the balance due AV to order the EVSE.
So I tried to schedule the install. First issue is the credit card info.
'full payment is required to initiate your home charging dock installation. to proceed, please enter your credit card information below. your card will not be charged until the installation of the home charging dock is complete"
I have never had a contractor ask for my credit card information before starting the job. If you look at the California Contractors Licensing site, here are the "Top Ten Tips";
1. Hire only licensed contractors.
2. Check a contractor's license number online at http://www.cslb.ca.gov
or by calling (800) 321-CSLB (800) 321-CSLB (2752).
3. Get at least three bids.
4. Get three references from each bidder and review past work in person.
5. Make sure all project expectations are in writing and only sign the contract if you completely understand the terms.
6. Confirm that the contractor has workers' compensation insurance for employees.
7. Never pay more than 10% down of $1,000, whichever is less. Don't pay in cash.
8. Don't let payments get ahead of the work.
9. Keep a job file of all papers relating to your project, including all payments.
10. Don't make the final payment until you're satisfied with the job.
It seems we have to give up competitive bidding and any financial leverage.
So I press on against my better judgment. Enter everything anyway, and get this message;
API Error (CS_ServiceRequest_PUB.Update_ServiceRequest): The value for parameter p_status_id cannot be "NULL"."
A real confidence builder so far I got to say...