JasonT

Re: Aerovironment EVSE install information

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:07 am

smkettner wrote:She said the waiver would not work since I have already ordered the car. Issue to be escalated :roll:
Originally I was not concerned about this - I (foolishly) assumed the next step (CARWINGS) would open up when the time is right. Now I'm wondering - do I have to get past the Home Charging Dock section before CARWINGS will open up? If so, then it sounds like I'll need to be escalating with Nissan as well. I'm definitely not going to be doing the Aerovironment EVSE installation. Still on the fence about buying the EVSE only, but that's not an option on the website.

Clippy
Delivery Date: 07 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 0823

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:09 am

smkettner wrote: She said the waiver would not work since I have already ordered the car. Issue to be escalated :roll:
I also have a waiver in place, because there's a delay in the finalization of the TOU/EV procedure by my local utility. I called and the Nissan people said that since I have a waiver, "nothing else mattered." They said my car is ordered and nothing can be changed. The current quote does not expire until 12/31/10, which may be after the delivery of the first cars.

I personally think they had this button to push prior to the release of the delivery dates and they just pushed it. Some folks will order the charger without complaint, some will complain and get a waiver, and some will have "special circumstances" that need to be escalated.
Last edited by Clippy on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
100% Elektrisch, 100% BMW, 100% Fruchtbar

TRONZ
Delivery Date: 31 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 202

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:10 am

smkettner wrote:I am thinking requiring full up front payment by a contractor may well violate CA state law or CA state contractor's license rules.
I think Home Depot got in trouble for this several years ago.

I called Nissan today as I will not be using AV for anything. And I told them why. I also expressed my dismay that the quote says "approved" when I have not approved anything. In fact I strongly disapprove.

She said the waiver would not work since I have already ordered the car. Issue to be escalated :roll:

Rather dissapointing that Nissan expects us all to just roll over and pay any price for the single choice of overbuilt evse and overpriced install.
So are you now saying that Nissan will force you to buy the AV install if you already ordered the car but do not have a waiver yet???!!! :!: FYI - My quote still just says "Quote ready" and the "it is time to schedule install" box is now open.
Every start, is as good as any start can ever be. - Douglas Darden

Stats;
2011 LEAF SL VIN#202, Delivered 01.30.11. Now, by far, the oldest LEAF in Colorado.

smkettner
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2014

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:30 am

Tronz, that is what mine said last night. Today the quote says "approved"

I did click the schedule option (looking for an out) until I got to the credit card.
This may have triggerd approved but I have no idea. I don't like it so I called.
1 bar lost at 21,451 miles, 16 months.
2 bar lost at 35,339 miles, 25 months.
LEAF traded at 45,400 miles for a RAV4-EV
RAV4 traded in for I-Pace Dec 2018

smkettner
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2014

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:33 am

Clippy wrote:
smkettner wrote: She said the waiver would not work since I have already ordered the car. Issue to be escalated :roll:
I also have a waiver in place, because there's a delay in the finalization of the TOU/EV procedure by my local utility.
I do not have a waiver in place.
1 bar lost at 21,451 miles, 16 months.
2 bar lost at 35,339 miles, 25 months.
LEAF traded at 45,400 miles for a RAV4-EV
RAV4 traded in for I-Pace Dec 2018

Clippy
Delivery Date: 07 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 0823

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:43 am

smkettner wrote: I did click the schedule option (looking for an out) until I got to the credit card.
This may have triggerd approved but I have no idea.
I clicked through too. The dashboard looks so much better with three check marks. That must be what did it. Anyone else?
100% Elektrisch, 100% BMW, 100% Fruchtbar

garygid
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:48 am

Usually, if you got a quote that you did not want to "accept", you could just ignore it.

Apparently, there is no "reject" button, or "too expensive, try again" button (to let AV take the next action). However some have reported asking Nissan CS (or AV directly) for an "improved" quote, and received a somewhat lower quote.

If it says "accepted" when you did NOT accept the "offer", Nissan should fix the verbage (or the bug).

Since I ordered without an AV assessment (I got the waiver "enabled" on my account), I do not know what happens in the Ordering process when Nissan asks about how you "want" to pay for your AV EVSE & Install.
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2010 Prius
2011 LEAF, 2014 Tesla S85
2018 & 2019 Tesla Model 3
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
Craigslist: Xm5000Li Electric Motorcycle

EVDRIVER

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Clippy wrote:
I also have a waiver in place, because there's a delay in the finalization of the TOU/EV procedure by my local utility. I called and the Nissan people said that since I have a waiver, "nothing else mattered." They said my car is ordered and nothing can be changed. The current quote does not expire until 12/31/10, which may be after the delivery of the first cars.

I personally think they had this button to push prior to the release of the delivery dates and they just pushed it. Some folks will order the charger without complaint, some will complain and get a waiver, and some will have "special circumstances" that need to be escalated.

Bad news, AV is not selling any chargers this year whatsoever to any Leaf buyers, I confirmed this again today and I can with 100% certainty assure everyone this is an absolute fact!

palmermd
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:58 pm

EVDRIVER wrote: Bad news, AV is not selling any chargers this year whatsoever to any Leaf buyers, I confirmed this again today and I can with 100% certainty assure everyone this is an absolute fact!
AV never said they would provide a charger by the end of the year.
Michael

Leaf from 31 March 2011 - Traded 18 April 2018 for Tesla Model 3 Unicorn
Driving electric since 1996

Leaf Bar Loss

EVDRIVER

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:04 pm

palmermd wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote: Bad news, AV is not selling any chargers this year whatsoever to any Leaf buyers, I confirmed this again today and I can with 100% certainty assure everyone this is an absolute fact!
AV never said they would provide a charger by the end of the year.

I knew I could count on you for figuring that one out, takes an EV owner to get it right:) You just won a cigarette plug battery booster for your Leaf that adds 1" of range. Congrats!

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”